Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is hilarious

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think one day most people, even you, will look back and realize that a society that actively works to harm people is what we have now. Helping people is not telling them they can change genders or supporting the preposterous idea that one can meaningfully do so.

It’s weird, icky and different because it’s batshit crazy and pretty much all normal well adjusted people agree with me.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad you enjoyed it even if you won't accept it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

This would land a lot better if people were not acting like all trans people are predators and demonizing them. If there was a sincere belief this was a mental illness, none of that hateful shit would be happening and the stance would be to not cause them more distress while a treatment is developed.

5. HCKevinSteele

First, I don’t believe many people act as if all or even most trans people are predators. I don’t know how you’d support that. It’s more like many people believe predators can easily take advantage of the new norms the left is shoving down everyone’s throat but if you point that out you’re an evil trans hater.

Second, the hateful shit is coming from hateful people so yeah, you’re not going to see a ton of compassion from them. They’re still the minority though. I think you probably mistake the visceral but not hateful reaction of normal people to the left’s batshit craziness as hateful when it’s really more frustration. Or to the extent it’s hateful it’s hate towards the left and not trans people.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ah, the "everybody knows" justification and body of evidence, my favorite argument. I get the strong suspicion your prognostication won't go the direction you believe. Regardless, "All the normal people agree with me" is among the most nonsense and self-serving arguments imaginable. Who gives a shit?

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The hateful stuff comes towards the activists that’s pushing the agenda that’s becoming a social contagion while children are being harmed through pharmaceutical treatments to change genders so crazy women can virtue signal of how progressive and accepting they are on social media.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The majority of people aren't acting like all trans people are predators, they're shaking their heads because it's turned into a fad. Kids used to wear jncos and listen to Korn to be edgy, now they change their pronouns and become huge pains in society's collective ass.

Then, throw in the dumbass adults that want drag shows for children (I'm not blaming the actual transgenders here, the [uck fay]ing parents and guardians of the kids need to be beat) so they can talk about how inclusive and diverse they are (usually white women who know no one other than other white women) and you've created a shit show.

zehr27 and HCKevinSteele like this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

I don’t know what to tell you man. It’s true. Normal, well adjusted people do for the most part agree with me.

10. Unimane

You must not know what to tell me if the best argument you think you've got is an appeal to the majority.

If something shouldn't be done, there must be a reason for it not to be done. I've asked for this reason a number of times, but the answer you've come up with is a lot of people you describe as "normal", a dubious notion, think you are right. Should I go ask this group of people you're referencing, then?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is it to call someone's identity "batshit craziness?" In what situation is "batshit craziness" neutral or positive language to describe someone?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is a specious attempt to pretend like the hate is pointed at someone else other than the subject. Yes, I am the real villain because I... don't agree with you? Because I think medical professionals and parents know more about their specific situations than I can? Because I am willing to accept weirdness more than suicides?

Heck, maybe suicides wouldn't be such a problem if people chilled out.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yes someone and anybody worried about what [uck fay]ing pronoun they are called and getting pissy if someone says “yes sir” to a dude with a penis dressed like a Barbie doll in a restaurant is straight up batshit.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm betting more than 1.5% listened to korn and wore the big jeans. This is a little issue being inflated into a big one.

15. Unimane

Or, are they just different and you don't want to deal with this kind of different, so it's easier to dismiss them?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Stop looking at people's penises in public.

17. Ssmiff

I don’t care if anybody is different. Shove that bullshit up your ass

18. Ssmiff

yes ma’am

19. Unimane

No, you shove it up your ass. If you want to shit on people for how they look, then that’s up to you, but don’t get pissy if someone questions you on it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How can this be true?