Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not looking past your comment, I'm trying to see if you are on the level, or biased. It seems biased.

You are easily as hard up for Tenny on Gruden as we could ever be on Jones. And at least with Jones, we have mountains of demonstratable evidence.

You have an n of 1.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If he really wanted to defend his players, he'd stop griping at the media and clean up all the freakin' helmets lying around.

Place is a sty, and players are getting hurt tripping over all this shit.

3. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

You obviously didn't watch the press conference or bother to read the transcript.

4. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Not at all. I find most of Tenny's comments on point. He whiffed on Gruden will his guarantee, and I called him out on it.

5. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Lmao

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Players' fault, need more helmet focus.

7. fl0at_

Being wrong and slinging bullshit aren't equivalent.

Calling bullshit isn't saying he whiffed. It's saying he was flinging crap, aka: bullshit.

8. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

This ^

9. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

It is bullshit to make the guarantee in the first place.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fair.

11. fl0at_

Why is that bullshit? If he did it with the intent to deceive. I'd agree. He did not.

It isn't bullshit to take a strong stance based on available information; it would be bullshit to have such information and withhold it from others, as so many others did.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Educate me. Point to me where in his rambling, incoherent response to the Tuttle injury question where he was even close to anything that could be considered a defense of his players.

13. Tenacious D

Search Stephen Hargis at Chatty Times. He printed he had a contract offer and that he was assembling a staff. Even Hubbs / Hyams confirmed the last bit, about staff. He didn't take an NFL gig, IIRC.

14. Tenacious D

No, that's pretty straightforward.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

How the hell did he defend his players today? How in the bloody hell? He defended is own insecure self, and his sorry attempt to bring Tennessee to relevance. He played the victim card against the cruel Knoxville media.

The guy is a pathetic loser. This had nothing to do with defending players and everything to do with poor victimized Lyle.

16. Tenacious D

This.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

That's like saying "I'm sorry, but you really shouldn't talk to me that way" That's just shifting blame.

Taking responsibility would be "I'm sorry that I did not step in and make sure we ran the ball at the damn goal line". "I'm sorry my first year starter QB called an audible and I had to have someone explain to me what an audible was". "I'm sorry for not knowing when to go for 2"

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Why are you ok with him coaching your football team at this point?

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, was one of the merits of Jones listed previously in this thread that "he wants to win"? Just when I thought expectations couldn't be lower, there's a new limbo bar set. A few more years and they'll extol the virtues of Butch being able to coach an entire game without shitting his pants or conditioning himself to only masturbate to pictures of his wife.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I didn't say I was holding my breath.