Enough.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 16, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If they can't get anything else right, can the Dooley supporters please stop with the nonsense about Dooley being an attorney? It's meaningless. You know what law school prepares you for? Practicing law. The idea that it somehow makes Dooley more likely to succeed is insane. You know who else had a law degree? Quin Snyder. Ask Missouri how much that prestigious JD from Duke helped him win in Columbia.

2. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

Speaking of enough....I've had enough of people saying "well who are you going to get if you fire Dooley!?!?" When I say Dooley has to go.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Reaching for straws. The last one.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I say this as someone with an advanced degree myself, typically, it's only those without any college experience who overestimate the transference of all-around knowledge that it largely fails to provide.

That he is a lawyer is of no more consequence to his current occupation than if he were an astronaut.

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Obviously a fool. Dooley would dominate in space.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He would critique the moon's orbit and give Saturn some much needed shower discipline

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

But he talks so purdy....

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Y'all are underestimating our Dools. I bet he's also got them well drilled on the applicable AA Bylaws for student athletes. I am confident that training was given immediately following the instruction on proper showering techniques. So we now have properly clean players from a physical and rules sense. Gives us a leg up in recruiting 3* talent. Which is why he needs more time. Another 4 years and he will have built the best Boise State roster ever. Book it.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Agree. Completing a graduate degree -- I've got a few myself -- says more about work ethic than intelligence. And all of us lawyers, doctors, dentists, etc... remember some of the idiots that got degrees alongside us?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't have anything past a BS but I work every day (at UT) with people who have advanced degrees and people who are in the process of getting them. So yeah a lot of very good intelligent people get them, but Lordy, there's some head shakers too.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Nazis from the moon

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm getting to see this first hand. It's almost scary.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Smart people rise to the top, regardless of education.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I worry about someone who would waste their time getting a law degree if they wanted to be a football coach.

15. robvols

robvols Member

It could be worse: like being a sportstalk radio personality with a law degree.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The general vibe I get about this is that deep down Dooley wants to be his own man and not live off his daddy's coattails, which is respectable. I think going to law school was just another way to do it and finally he just realized (or admitted) that he just wanted to coach football.

Now, we can argue whether in reality whether he's lived off daddy's coattails or not, especially when you throw Barbara' big mouth into it, but that is still the vibe I get.

17. CD12

CD12 Member

"That which seperates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" I don't know if it has any relivance in this thread but I thought it was purdy....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Clay gets on me nerves but at least I can turn the station, wish the same could be said for Dooley.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I thought he was talking about Hat.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So did I.