Enough.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 16, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that quote could be taken to be pro-Dooley.

2. CD12

CD12 Member

I'm a Dooley man!

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What kind of law did Dooley practice?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to imagine Dooley being anyone's advocate.

5. robvols

robvols Member

+1

6. InVolNerable

I'm thinking contractual law.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I'm about four extra appearances a week away from being a "radio personality."

8. InVolNerable

I was joking. It was the first thing that I thought, but then it clicked that he was referring to C. Travis.

Though you do trump that [penis] bag in knowledge and on-air presence.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You should do a daily call in, though, where you and Tony just banter for about 30 minutes.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He practiced in the field of "My Daddy's buddy gave me a job at a firm to do nothing."

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I have a graduate degree. You're a doctor. How'd we ever pull that off?

But in all seriousness, I absolutely agree with Tenny, which is extremely rare. It's mind blowing how significant everyone in the Army thinks I am because I have my degrees. just blows my mind. I know for a fact several in my company are way more advanced in what we do (satellites and computer networking) than I am, but somehow my journalism and sports management degrees are viewed as far more worthy.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Personally, I feel vastly superior to most everyone on this site because of my political science degree. Just being honest. GBO!

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My Cal degree makes it a given I feel superior to all of you.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's a given I'm superior to all of you because of my Cal degree.

15. InVolNerable

It's a good thing you rephrased that. I had no idea what you meant the first way you said it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

My degrees feel so worthless to me as to not exist.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I use clinical protection Degree.

18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My Masters Degree in Education from Jacksonville State University, home of the Gamecocks, trumps you all!

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My advanced degree is non-apparent in my day to day job, save the fact that I wouldn't have been hired without it. I still don't know if a fair number of people I work with have advanced degrees or not. I like that environment. The only time my advanced degree pops up is when I visit/work with the university where I sponsor a research program.

That was much different when I was in Oak Ridge - everyone knew who had advanced degrees. It wasn't a bad environment even though you knew, just very different from my current environment.

I find that the advanced degree seems to matter most when you interact with folks outside your field that are relying on your expertise (or supposed expertise :) ). In the nonproliferation work I've done it has seemed to make a huge difference ... but I think that is because no degree qualifies you for that work...some the advanced degree means something...or seems to.

20. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Here Here! My wife has a doctorate.. and I have yet to complete math 101. But I see stupid people everywhere!