Enough.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 16, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have worked with some real idiots with advanced degrees. Of course, I've met some real idiots without degrees too. Haha.

There are certainly idiots everywhere.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I definitely agree with you about OR. I interact quite a bit with doe-hq, labs, and some outside companies in the nuclear world, and the academic achievement badge is much more pronounced. I dont love that sort of jockeying but it's got me considering another degree. Well that, and it's free.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is there a secondary reason this gets under your skin? I am just curious.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

No, the surface idiocy of it is plenty.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I have an Associate's Degree and it doesn't make me feel a bit more qualified to do anything.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I understand, but I could also understand if there was more to it.

7. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I don't do law. I am in mechanical engineering at UT on the 85742 year degree plan. Going half time doesn't get it done as quickly as you'd hope. Such is life with young children. I believe that this qualifies me to coach football since Neyland had an engineering degree and also to deal with prissy wide receivers since they act like little girls. This is pretty weak reasoning, but I figure if Dooley can get the UT job then anyone can.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My degree from Whasdamatterwit U doesn't make me superior to any of you, but my associates have you trumped in firepower. (Not counting 7th & vfb)