Espn liberal agenda

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Aug 15, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Is ESPN a deadman walking?

I think the guy nails it and I know I only watch ESPN/SEC network for CFB. I wonder what happens to the SECN once ESPN becomes a hollowed out shell? Will the SEC take over its own network? Doesnt the SEC own the actual infrastructure?

Excerpts:
    "ESPN pays $2 billion a year to the NFL for Monday Night Football and one NFL wild card playoff game. I’ve written for the past couple of years that as ESPN’s business collapses that ESPN’s decision on whether or not to bid to keep Monday Night Football would be the first big test of how rapidly that business is deteriorating...

I told you a couple of years ago that the Monday Night Football deal would be the moment when others started to realize just how screwed ESPN’s business was. And guess what happened this morning?..

ESPN is the sports version of Blockbuster Video...

So what will ESPN do to save its business? They should be scrambling to try and create must watch original programming, they need the “Stranger Things” of sports. That is, shows that they actually own that make people want to subscribe to the network and create lasting value. Instead they’re busy turning into MSESPN, a left wing sports TV network that no one wants to watch...."

Linky thingy

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Oh and with ESPN going down like the Titanic, would this increase the chances of landing Gruden?

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The entire cable TV structure as we currently know it is a dead man (men?) walking. It’s not just ESPN.

4. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Probably true...I have a roku and you couple that with a free online service like "just watch" and you can find all kinds of decent free content. Roku is awash of unwatchable garbage but "just watch" will filter to your taste and find you free stuff.

I pay for netflix, sling and usenet. I can almost watch whatever I want. I keep sling for sports and disney/nickolodeon. One day it will be gone too.

Ive been checking out PlutoTv. Ever so often there is something to watch on there. I also have CRTV and have been watching Matt Kibbe, Phil Robertson and Mark Levin.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not really related to liberal agenda or anything, but thought this seemed as good as any to mention it.

Apparently, ESPN is the most expensive cable channel. $7 a month for ESPN. I'm not sure if that is just the one or the whole ESPN package, but that kind of sucks for the millions out there that don't even care about sports.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I would pay $7 bucks a month to just get ESPN streaming, and that's only because of the live sports. The only live thing I watch. Everything else I get from Hulu and Netflix.

I just jack my parents' Comcast login for watch ESPN on the Roku now.

7. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

The sub model insulates them somewhat from boycotts and advertiser issues. But they strong arm the providers. Travis thinks those days are numbered especially if they lose the NFL.

I used to be a big fan of ESPN but feel now I am being extorted. I dropped DISH because they caved to Fox News. I was more mad at Fox but it didn't matter as my bill jumped and I said adios.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may be interested in hulu streaming. In beta and on roku

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stephen A. Smith mad that it’s called Black Friday.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You serious?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. Tweeted bout it.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He is dumber than a bag of hammers.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doesn’t even understand that the word black is an extremely positive adjective in that instance.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jumping the shark.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Three years ago

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

he got mad this yesterday that a cohost offered him sweet potato pie and responded with, "is that supposed to be funny?". Espn is racist trash.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Smith is definitely racist trash.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Smith is worst of all of them.

I don’t know anyone that likes him, even those on the liberal side of things. He’s awful. Not just politically, but his takes on everything are bad.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are now starting a morning show and are investing a ton of money into it. Three very well paid hosts and the plan is to focus more on politics. Anyhoo, paying three guys megabucks (at least two of whom quite likely don’t command such a salary on the open market) not long after laying off hundreds isn’t going to look too good. Plus, tons of competition in the morning and their biggest audience doesn’t seem like early morning viewers, anyway. Just seems like a really bad idea for a network that’s already in rapid decline.