Ferguson, MO

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Aug 14, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is anyone else following this?

I'm not sure where my line to cross is, or when this situation crossed it, but it's well past it. The pictures/videos/reports coming out of there are troubling to me. I'm not sure my thoughts on the killing that started this (I'm waiting to hear both sides of the story), but I do know that basically since the memorial/vigil turned ugly, this has been in constant downward spiral mode.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Been lightly looking, and there are some interesting headlines to say the least. It's a difficult situation to say the least.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Well if he had just stayed in his car he would have never gotten hit.

4. CardinalVol

Well played.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

6. CardinalVol

Because of the Cardinals, I follow a bunch of St. Louis area folks on Twitter, which kind of led to me getting drawn in a lot deeper than I probably would be otherwise. It's not good.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems like this has been building for a while with it coming to a head with the killing.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's really amazing this isn't the case more in minority communities. 3 out 4 nonviolent inmates are black or brown.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am hoping it was captured by the dash cam and we will know what happened. Seems to be a big difference in what the police reported and what witnesses reported.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't understand how people think they can get into a fight with a police officer and not expect something like this to happen.

If you don't agree with me, walk up to a police officer and punch him in the mouth.

11. CardinalVol

I saw something last night that said the biggest problem there has been population shift in the last 15 years. Most times you don't get a death involved with a lot, which is why I don't think it happens more than it does.

12. CardinalVol

I agree, to an extent, but what the cops are doing there is going way, way overboard IMO.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They're suppose to have vest cams, but they're saying none were being worn at the time of the shooting.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If only there was someone in a position of strength, respect and authority who could intervene here, and even attempt to quell this gathering storm by doing or saying something, anything.

But absent any willing volunteers I guess Al Sharpton, the federal snitch, will do his best....and which usually vacillates between having "no effect", at best, or being "unspeakably stupid and inflammatory", at worst.

Come on, Al! You're our best hope!*

*Author's Note: If Al Sharpton is your "best hope" in a crisis, I would argue that the situation was lost, long ago.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think it is smart not releasing the officers name at this time. Yesterday "Anonymous" released the personal information of the Police Chief (address, children's names, etc.) in retaliation.

16. CardinalVol

The evidence (or lack there of) to date, is not painting a pretty picture for the cops in this, at all.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not Al, but they have brought in Benjamin Crump. He will calm down the situation.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And this is exactly why vigilante justice is no justice, at all.

How do you beat injustice with an even more and greater injustice?

I'd prefer that Anon find Lois Lerner's emails, instead.

19. CardinalVol

Dave Hart, Jimmy Cheek & Susan Martin IMO

20. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i find that hard to believe.