Fire Butch Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by juicemane, Sep 17, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. There's several I either go to church with or went to school with or have some type of acquaintance with that may have criticized him some in the past but never have been to the point of wanting him fired until this past weekend.

There's still at least one person (and Im sure there are a few more) I know off the top of my head that will be full Butch until the end. Same person that thought Dooley needed more time.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Takes some longer than others I guess. I'm just glad that the majority is now seeing it. It's the first step to seeing him gone, which leads to the next step, not going to the games.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, I'm not sure Florida 2017 breaks into his top 10 worst called games at Tennessee.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Some people just seem to have a higher pain threshold, apparently.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oklahoma and UF 2015 was just as bad, if not worse, but it was "year three".

Patience is gone from everyone

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The logic is just so dumb (I know it isn't yours). Early years are when you can excuse deficiencies of talent and other roster problems, not idiotic coaching. I don't see how you look at either of those games and think, "Boy, when he gets a few more players here, we'll win these things." It was obvious we had the players, the players beat the crap out of the opposition, and then Butch was too focused on praying his adult diaper didn't leak that he forgot to keep scoring points.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was pretty terrible

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That Oklahoma game was summed up for me when in the 4th quarter, when they showed him on the sidelines, you could see him looking up into the stadium somewhere. And you could just tell he kept looking at the clock. Watching it tick, tick, tick away, praying it would time warp faster. Instead of focusing on the game and just nut shotting OK back to Norman where they belonged.

Most chickenshit thing I have seen at a UT game.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It was bad. Criticism over the last play is getting a little overblown I think, though it does show poor coaching. There have actually been some games he has been able to eke out where he coached just as bad. Florida 2014 and Florida 2015, to me were quite a bit worse.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last play shouldn't have mattered because Tennessee should have been up by, at minimum, 17 points.

Also, Pineiro has made 60 yard fgs consistently. You do have to take that away.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In high school, that is. He's a great kicker

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a good chance Dobbs would bail him out of that game last saturday. Just scramble on one or twould of those trips into the strike zone.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Without dobbs, he'd probably already be gone.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dobbs saved his ass in 2015. That UGA win where (imho and no one can convince me otherwise) Dobbs went rogue and told UGA to go **** itself and beat them basically saved Jones' job that year.

And even that took Richt pulling a Richt to do it.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

butch owes Dobbs plenty, 1. For getting saving his ass in those GA and UF games and 2. For not having a QB coach to get him more prepared for the league.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Of all of the bad stuff that happened in the 4th quarter, the entire first half was a catastrophe. Offensively, we didn't do anything, and I'm not sure what we were trying to do.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Also don't forget that if that cat from Florida doesn't forget the field is 100 yards long instead of 99 and carries that ball high and tight, they go up 17 in the 4th and the game is a blowout.

Running down guys in the open field and getting strip fumbles inside the 10 seems to be a staple of our defense, but I'm not sure it's the right building block for long term success.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think it’s just that more and more people wake up each time, and those who have been off the Butch bus have remained off and vocal. His support continues to dwindle, but I’m not confident people won’t look for any opportunity to jump back on.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No doubt.

Look at Dobbs turning cluster ****s into 30 yard gains, consistently.

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

That's what I've always heard.