Fishing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by justingroves, Aug 17, 2011.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My kind of fishing.

2. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

What about an 8thMaxim fishing outing? I'll help with funding since I do not have any watercraft. It would have to be before May 25th as I have surgery scheduled. Jay?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We can work for that.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Went and checked out the new Bass Pro this week, I wasn't impressed at all. I likely have more fly fishing gear in my garage, and overall the selection was meh. The Cabela's is closer and far superior as far as I'm concerned.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The closest Bass Pro to me doesn't have and black powder gear.

6. Joseph Brant

In other news, the water up here is about perfect, cool and very wadable, though low water now likely means that there won't be any river left to fish come June.

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Not surprised at all. How many dudes are running around South Florida with smoke poles anyway?

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I now have a Bass Pro and Cabelas 30 minutes away. And couldn't agree with you more. Cabela's kicks Bass Pro's ass. Good to see you my man. Walleye are being taken in the drawn down lakes in the riverbeds with a dominecker fly and a minnow. Unfortunately, I'm working 100 hrs/week right now.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

True. Only reason I needed some was to sight in my rifle before I went to Georgia. I only used it a day and a half when I got there too. Never shot at anything with it.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

You should all try going "catching" instead of fishing.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

100 hrs/week? I thought I had it bad.

12. Joseph Brant

A day of good bourbon, fast water and wild trout. Hitting them again tomorrow, man I need to build a shack up here.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Had trout last night. Store bought. Would love some fresh rainbows.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

God bless America

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I want to hang a light off of a dock to attract fish at night. It appears this is not as simple as the last time I did it, roughly 30 years ago, when you floated something that looked like a headlight in a styrofoam cooler top. There are lights ranging from $18-300, floaters, submersibles, and bottom dwellers, LEDs and flluorescents available in virtually every color and ranging from 300-6,000 lumens. I'm going to be attaching it to a boat dock on a freshwater lake in 6-10' of water.

Anybody know anything about fish lights?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We just take a quiet generator and some alligator clips to hold whatever light we have on

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Pool light and a transformer would work for a good while, but might cost more than a better solution.

You gonna be bow fishing?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are solar led lights that may work well and be cheap and easy in the long run

19. cotton

20. cotton

I'll have at least one boat parked next to me that I can draw off the battery.