Florida vs LSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 9, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Florida are puzzies. Watch. They'll slide into the SEC Championship game because they won't play this game. That's criminal.

I can confirm that as I was rolling by on I-75 near Gainesville, it was mostly sunny & mid/upper 80s with a light breeze of 7-10 mph. Cancelling that game was a calculated move, imo. The western part of Florida was never forecast to be bad. That's why I traveled I-75. Florida sucks.

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This needs to be remembered by all SEC teams from this point and forevermore... UF didn't have the stones to play a game... Whenever someone mentions UF, puzzies should immediately come to mind. They should be made to change their colors to pink.

Quite honestly, I think it's an embarrassment to the SEC as well.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The SEC should give them two options. Play the game or it counts as a loss.

That's how it has to play out

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At this point, it looks like the likely option would be 11/19, which would give LSU 3 straight SEC road games and the loss of revenue from a home game, so not really a fair option for them after they bent over backwards to make the game happen this weekend.

Florida should be be given a loss, without an option to reschedule.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

At this point, I think the game gets played. The national implications are too large, and too many people have noticed and are paying attention. If they don't play it, it's going to look AWFUL on the SEC, and Sankey.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

If they want to not play that game, that's fine by me, but both teams are automatically ineligible for the SEC title game.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Again, not fair to LSU. They offered every possible scenario to Florida to get the game played this weekend. Florida refused, so they should forfeit the game.

8. GahLee

LSU wasn't making the title game regardless. Florida could slime their way in however and that would be absolutely bullshit.

9. GahLee

But yeah, Florida should have to forfeit that game. If they can host recruits, they can play a game.

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

They hosted recruits on campus this weekend in the middle of a hurricane? That's criminal negligence right there.

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If you don't play eight conference games, then you're not eligible to be in the conference championship. Simple as that.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Weird that it was still safe for recruits to visit and for their volleyball team to play.

13. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

This should be the rule.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Hurricane never made it to Gainesville. Hardly even rained there I believe.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Florida would find a way to spin that as unfair to them because they have natural disaster scenarios other schools don't have to worry about. The conference doesn't care about the safety of our kids, etc.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Even when we beat Florida, they still win.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Was on I-75 yesterday going by Gainesville. Mostly sunny & mid 80s with a 7-10 mph breeze. I stopped & got out specifically to check.

Hell, I'm sitting on The Freedom of the Seas in Port Canaveral waiting to pull out of port in 2 hours. The worst damage here, and the eye was 40 miles off the beach from Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, and the worst damage I've seen is a road sign blown over and about 10 uprooted trees. Haven't seen any water damage from surge/rain.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal