Florida vs LSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 9, 2016.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Until this game is back on, I am only referring to the swamp scum to the south on the internet as #UForfeit.

#ddiapos #wgwtfa

2. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I feel like you'd have to push all the conference championship games back with the playoff selections happening right after

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You guys are making a lot o assumptions.

Commissioner may not have authority to make fla do anything.

Bowl selection certainly dowsnt have authority to force conf to do anything.

Consider in either situation what would happen if either party said "**** you, I'm not doing it." There isn't a king who can force anything.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Biggest assumption of all is that Florida is going 6-1 in sec play. Georgia or Arky will make this a non- issue.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Unless Butch does Butch things and loses to Bama and then goes full retard against Mizzou or USCjr.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I thought we were pretty much forced to play the Monday game vs LSU?

7. cotton

We had the world's biggest ***** at ad at the time, iirc. It was also the right thing to do, and we did it.

The thing I remember is agreeing to change the tiebreaker rules when we were in a 3 way time from a vote to BCS rule. That, too, was bc we had the world's biggest ***** at ad, who considered things like the good of the conference instead of looking out for UT. I don't expect other schools to do that.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We were told to play or forfeit, is what I recall but I have no special knowledge.

9. cotton

Again, what happens if we have an ad who says "screw you." I don't think Commish can actually force a forfeit.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

On the other hand, it lets Fournette get back, too.

11. hatvol96

If the commissioner has no power, why does he exist? If Florida doesn't want to play a full SEC schedule, they can join the f**king ACC.

12. cotton

I don't disagree with your position.

I think the commissioner is In a position to encourage it, not enforce it.

13. cotton

That would be a beautiful scenario. Delay it for fla's benefit only to see orgeron and fournette beat the **** out of them in a game that matters

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I wish the SEC would come out and say this publicly.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Right, there's no rule to handle this situation, which makes me wonder what the SEC will actually do.

16. hatvol96

The commissioner could unilaterally suspend our basketball coach. If he can make personnel decisions for schools, he [dadgum] better well be able to tell them to play games.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Love it. They would fit right in.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Another rule change that I think would be worth considering:

Should a team sweep its division, they automatically are the representative in the conference championship game, regardless of the outcome of games against the other division. Your thoughts?

19. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

As long as UT scores 14 or more points against SC, y'all are fine.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I could easily get on board with that.