Free Money: NCAA Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Nov 30, 2011.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Maybe a little Izzo-3 at Illinois this evening.

A teaser with UK and UNC looks pretty solid too. Don't pelt me with tomatoes with or anything.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Now's the time of year to look at the bottom of the conference standings. Find teams that were predicted to be in the top half of the league and those who are getting beaten progressively worse as the year wears on. Those teams are throwing in the towel and will get hammered on an almost nightly basis.

3. kidbourbon

I like this strategy.

4. kidbourbon

What I especially like about it is that this approach applies with arguably greater force in the non-power conferences. When you're playing for, say, IUPUI and the season goes into a tailspin, you're probably playing in front of 200 people for a home game. That just can't help morale.

5. kidbourbon

Gonna try a little mtsu on for size.

6. kidbourbon

Good thing I took it on the ML.

7. kidbourbon

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

A few im going with today:

Mich st +8.5
    Arkansas -5.5
    Penn st -3
    Alabama -3

9. kidbourbon

Vandy at -180

10. kidbourbon

May put in a play on
    BYU at -220

11. kidbourbon

BYU 85-84

Saved by the moneyline.

12. kidbourbon

I just put a small amount on Baylor at +125. I think I probably just threw away said small amount, but I have trouble resisting myself when the better team is on the plus side of the moneyline.

13. kidbourbon

#likeaboss

[video=youtube;NisCkxU544c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c&feature=relmfu[/video]

14. hallowed_hill

I went 19-4 ATS last Thursday and Friday. Best run I've ever had. Followed up with 2-9 on Saturday just to let me know I hadn't figured it out. Last week and this one are my favorite betting weeks of the year.

15. kidbourbon

Awesome.

I had a really nice week myself. I got bailed out by "Spring Forward" or I would have taken UK and lost. I love it when that happens.

I put in two futures a while back. 25 on Mizzou at 20:1 to win it all. And 25 on Wisconsins at 50:1 to win it all. So I'll be betting against both of those teams on the moneyline every game going forward.

16. hallowed_hill

Nice. Even round 1?

17. kidbourbon

Probably not round 1.

The Wiscy future isn't going to end up working out real well for me. I'll bet against them in round 2, but then in the sweet sixteen they're gonna be sizable underdogs against syracuse and they're going to lose that game. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to toss down big on Syracuse against Wiscy if the moneyline is like -350. The "betting against the team you have a future play on" plan really only makes sense when that team is favored or it's near even money.

Not a huge deal. Just a 25 dollar play.

18. hallowed_hill

Unless K State pulls off the upset. I could see it happening. Wouldn't surprise me to see them or uconn pull one off. Also would surprise me one bit to see uconn as a 1 and done. But they have the talent to beat anyone on a given day.

19. kidbourbon

Y'all want free free free money? Let me tell you next time I grow a vag and cancel a bet.

I had MSU on the ML and STL+7.5. Canceled them both after I grew a vagina.

How did that work out for me?

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Kansas gets an undeserved win over Purdue. I don't know how the Boilermakers blew that one. Two cheap breakout buckets was the difference for the Jayhawks. Really sucks for Robbie Hummel, who was the best player on the floor all night.