Gators CB Jalen Tabor makes fun of ESPN for projecting UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 14, 2016.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think it will have an old times feel to it.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

AS long as Dave Hart and crew do the hiring, not sure it matters.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

They probably don't like me and want to tell me I suck.

4. kidbourbon

Sure, but then why not go ahead and drop a Cleveland Steamer on there after the fact?

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I don't know what that is and I'm not sure I want to find out.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Agreed.

7. kidbourbon

Knowledge is power, my friend.

[​IMG]

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Tennessee will go 7-5, we'll be pissed and "true fans" will say it's a rebuilding year.

Butch has set himself up to have the talent to be a 9-3 team at worst from here on out. If that doesn't happen, well, it's on coaching.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

KB, I hope that is not the only new thing I learn today.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kamara is the home run guy this year. John Kelly is sneaky good, like Hardesty. He'll go for 4 yards consistently then pop off a 30 yarder.

The way this run game is designed, they need a two backs.

There just aren't many human beings built like Hurd.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too, but I don't know if they'll play to his strengths. The guy can fling it and he's accurate on the deep stuff

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fastest rb. He looks to punish defenders when he runs. He reminds me of Hardesty and Henry

13. kidbourbon

Hardesty and Henry don't actually remind me much of each other. Few really remind me of Henry. If that guy was taller than me, it was maybe by an inch. I was surprised at that when I met him. Dude was just a ball of forward energy, though. "Falls forward all the time."

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a bowling ball.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Didn't we have like 3 late hits in the first quarter of the Northwestern game? And we don't even hate those guys.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I dont think this staff can replace Hurd and Dobbs in one season. I don't care if Heath Shuler and Jamal Lewis are next in line. We'll screw around for half the season before letting them do anything.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I hope this team plays nasty and cocky all year. A team full of stars that finally realizes how good it can be could be a beautiful thing.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

In fairness to Hurd and Kamara, the offense hasn't been utilizing their individual abilities very well. I do think they are each quite special and could be a Cadillac Jr in Kamara and Better Ronnie Brown in Hurd if used better.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yup, wouldn't be the first time we've seen that from this staff at this school.

20. kidbourbon

At the very least, I think you're overvaluing Dobbs a bit. He does a good job, but he's far from being irreplaceable. I mean, maybe if the backup is that waste of space he replaced, but I think both of our backups are better than that can of pressurized diarrhea.

And you're probably overvaluing Hurd as well. I do believe that you said this past season that you would take Hurd over Dalvin Cook. That was you, yes? If so, you demonstrated that you have a great deal of love for Hurd, but not in a way that's completely consistent with his value.