George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Trial

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve been saying for years that being a juror should be a job that people get paid to do year round. Jury of peers seems like too low a bar, intellectually. Hire some smart unbiased people, and make it their job.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did I read correctly that 1/10 students is a victim of sexual misconduct?

There’s what, 12 of us here? Which one of you was “victimized” by the hot English teacher in high school?

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

eh by making it a career you are creating an inherent bias

warhammer, Savage Orange, IP and 2 others like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can't imagine the kind of person who would want that shit job, either. It might be hard to satisfy that "jury of your peers" deal in the Constitution, too.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you pay someone on jury duty more, but keep it like it is otherwise.

warhammer likes this.
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm future proofing it, in the event we get to androids as well.

Indy likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe not a “career” then. Maybe a multiple years of service thing. Minimum of 4 years, maximum of 20.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why pay more just because? If I’m paying more for something, or someone, I want a more advanced ability or production.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

#androidlivesmatter

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I went to some event with an overnight stay, that was chaperoned by our young geometry teacher and an older female teacher. Boys and girls had separate rooms, but the old lady went to bed early.

Some of the guys were fooling around with some of the females, in the room, with the teacher watching.

I imagine that would qualify as sexual misconduct. He was the cheerleading coach as well, and I think I heard some years later that it came full circle.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, lots of people would say the same thing about being a cop in 95% of major cities right now. I don’t see why being a frequent juror would be worse than being a police officer.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It affects who is able or willing to serve on a jury, it affects the mindset of someone during a prolonged trial.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Having paid officials to decide rulings has worked out so well for professional (and amateur...) sports, let’s use that same model where people’s lives and freedom are at stake...

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Very little information seems available about the shooting of the teen boy in the Knoxville High School but what is coming out seems suspicious.

Said he shot someone; now saying he didn't. Some saying he did not have a gun. Crump now involved.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You saying Sab was a remedial math teacher?

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the kid didn’t have a gun, that would take a bad situation to a very bad situation

Hell, that would make it seem like there was a big ole coverup going all the way to the TBI

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If only there was body cam video that could clear the whole thing up...

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So everybody possibly involved with this other than the officer who is in question and the DA want this released.

Unless it's not being released for investigation purposes.................

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I read something yesterday that popped up on Yahoo about it that had quoted the DA as saying something along the lines of "Everyone will get to see it after the investigation is complete". Didn't want to release it too soon and it possibly cause an issue with the footage being used in a trial if necessary.