George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Trial

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think they showed that body cam footage to the jury and I've not seen it.

But it would have to be pretty crazy to change what was showed, but it is out there reportedly

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, I can see footage of him with his knee on his neck. I just posted an image, man. It's been that way since Day 1. Now it is his back? No. I saw and I see it. The people there saw and communicated it to him in the moment. It's a lie.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The defense will absolutely confuse at least one, but it doesn't even have to be confusion. There is an astonishing contradiction among people that government is simultaneously out to get them and the cause of our safety.

When government kills someone in their custody, the reason should be succinctly clear. This is the one power government has over people, that they flex regularly, and people are just like, "yup, that's ok."

The worlds most government conspiracy theorist pounding folks trust the police. Amusing, sadly.

SetVol13 likes this.
  4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I am really trying to minimize my input on anything political/racial/religious these days but if Chauvin isn’t found guilty on all counts and sent to big boy prison for the rest of his life... I will harbor no grudge for any negative outcome that will almost certainly be the result of anything less than a full conviction.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, I’m not an orthopedic doctor but I did manage to pass a human physiology class in high school... I know the difference between a neck and a shoulder.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The people clamoring for it to be fentanyl are out there. The pulmonary doc said he was breathing fine pre-knee, but apparently the twitter mob is full of experts.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I mean, the fentanyl may not have helped the situation, but a knee to the back of head is a situation that is easily fixed

SetVol13 and lylsmorr like this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not a good day for the Defense today. Dr. Martin Tobin's testimony was riveting.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The 3 Officers still awaiting trial much be watching ands shiting themselves today.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't been watching, but I've read mixed reviews.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, the guy was kneeling on top of him for a long ass time. I'm not sure why it has to be one thing or the other. I believe the body cam footage you are talking about takes place towards the end of the time during which he was kneeling on him. For all we know, his knee was on GF's neck long enough to do the necessary damage, and he moved to his shoulder after realizing the dude was unconscious or something like that.

The other dude refusing to testify seems like it should raise questions.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why was he yelling that he couldn't breathe pre-knee if he was breathing fine pre-knee?

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They showed the chief a brief clip where he moved his knee so the paramedic could take a pulse on his neck. That brief clip does not make up for over 9 minutes of this:

[​IMG]

Today they showed him lifting his left foot so he could exert as much pressure as possible on the neck.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Your Honor, if me stabbing him is what led to him bleeding to death, why did he exclaim that he was bleeding when first emerging from the car accident?"

It seems rather obvious that someone could be having trouble breathing for all sorts of reasons and still be killed by having a knee pressed on their neck for 9 minutes.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look at how the top of Floyd's face angles off the pavement rather than flat down. There is significant pressure being applied, I would think, for his cheek to be in the ground like that. It doesn't appear to be a resting position.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Defense also trying to claim the officers were in fear of the unruly, menacing crowd. as proof the show the young man in the light blue shirt holding back (with one hand) the MMA fighter.

[​IMG]

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lyls just said the pulmonary doc testified that he was breathing fine pre-knee. I mean, I went up and read it again. Am I misreading his post?

Now you're saying it seems rather obvious that someone could be having trouble breathing for all sorts of reasons and still be killed by having a knee pressed on his neck for 9 minutes.

Was he having trouble breathing pre-knee or not? If he was, that seem to leave some room for reasonable doubt as to whether the 9-minute knee is what truly killed him. After all, he was already having trouble breathing before that began.

If he wasn't having trouble breathing, but he was screaming that he was having trouble breathing, I could see why the officers might not take his claims of not being able to breath seriously once they had him on the ground. Boy who cried wolf, and what not.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The video break down today showing step by step how Floyd was contorting his body to try and breath; and then the moment he goes ... hear you see his death. He is alive (2 seconds later) now he is dead.

That was hard to watch.

He also explain how his body would have reacted totally differently to death from drugs or a heart condition.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could be out of breath, Indy, or breathing with difficulty due to nerves/fear, say so, and still be killed by being strangled. I see NO contradiction or "gotcha" in this, unless I really just refuse to believe my eyes and what I saw.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It was not just the knee. It was the knee, how he was cuffed, his position on the ground, and 3 men on his body pressing him into the asphalt.