Georgia Fans Say "Keep giving it to Hurd"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 8, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Maybe he isn't on their level, but they played behind infinitely better teams.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

He'll continue to progress and get stronger as time goes on. The OL blocking doesn't help and the biggest difference I've noticed so far is Hurd is a North and South runner while Lane is more patient and knives through the line. Lane has really good feet. Honestly, I think some lessons would help Hurd's balance.

[​IMG]

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Tennessee fans say "keep extending Richt"

NYY likes this.
  4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Burn

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

we've neutered him by eliminating the speed element. He's deadly because he can run like a deer, but we're asking him to run like a hippo.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hurd looked fast as shit at Beech and I thought it was said he had 4.3 speed so when has speed been an issue with him? He's screwed behind that shitty line with a QB that poses no threat of running.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

we don't let him break outside or ever send him to the edge. He's forced inside behind little blocking and the stupidest personnel / running scheme match ever.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He ain't getting much help from the OL or the dude organizing that racket.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Utah State and it went for 6.

One guy to beat against asu, it went for 6

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, please

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I would be happy for bajakian to oblige them. Doubt it happens in any meaningful fashion, though

12. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

His touchdown catch was pretty nice.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

This is not part of the learning process.

14. kidbourbon

You did.

15. kidbourbon

Sure you can.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not his "elusiveness"

17. kidbourbon

Interesting take.

18. kidbourbon

Something close to it. His shiftiness? I don't feel like pulling it up.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His ability to change direction or his agility? Yes. Look at the cuts he's made in his touches, starting with the catch against Utah State.

The guy hasn't been in the open field much more than that one play. He's got defenders at his feet when he takes the majority of his hand offs.

I think of elusiveness, that's Barry Sanders or Darren Sproles or LeSean McCoy. Hurd isn't that kind of back.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I really don't see the difference between being elusive and having an ability to "change direction" and "be agile".

It's not completely his fault, but great backs have this ability to break tackles in some fashion. Hurd, in his limited scope of two games, should be breaking more tackles. Do you disagree that the first guy to meet him is often the one to bring him down?