Georgia Fans Say "Keep giving it to Hurd"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They'd be outta his damn way if we played towards Hurd's natural strengths as an open field runner instead of the OLs shortcomings at the inside running game.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no, but he isn't otherworldly. Backs are nearly interchangeable now. I don't think he's any better than the horses at AL.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He's a big kid with some serious wheels. He was the same great player last season but for some reason he's finally getting his just dues after flattening Clemson. Saying that, I think that everything UGA did on offense in the 2nd half of Clemson is more reflective of the Tigers refusal to give the slightest effort on defense. .

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yeldon, Henry Tenpenny all beasts

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's nothing but rhetoric. Plenty of blame to be assigned to the OL and the OC, but Hurd's vision and skills haven't impressed like so many are clamoring -- this all coming against two of the worst defenses we'll face this year.

This isn't a condemnation of his season or career. However, it isn't like he's done anything Lane's not perfectly capable of doing thus far.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If what you're saying is that Todd Gurley and Derrick Henry are the two best backs in the country, I agree.

If what you're saying is that Todd Gurley won't be the first RB taken in the 2015 draft, wanna bet?

7. kidbourbon

It's scapegoating of one guy to apologize for another.

Not that Hurd sucks, but I don't think he's great, and with RBs you can tell this quickly. And if he was great, we would have seen it...even in this system and with this OL. And this is the truest thing I've written all day.*

*Though it is only four and a half hours in.

8. kidbourbon

Where the hell is this post hoc narrative coming from? It's not actually true. Todd Gurley wasn't under the radar before the Clemson game. Not even a little.

KidB's list of guys who Tennessee has played against that caused me to become slightly frightened every time they touched the ball:
    1. Percy Harvin
    2. Todd Gurley
    3. others

If I wasn't a Tennessee fan, and was instead rooting for a team Tennessee played, I'm sure Cordarrelle Patterson would be on the list. That guy was electric.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like Yeldon better. AL has Yeldon and Henry. I'd trade UGAs stable for ALs.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Then you weren't around for Herschel, Bo, Hilliard, emmitt, Fred Taylor...take too long. Trent Richardson was much scarier to me and it isn't close.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fred Taylor just never went down.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I still have nightmares about backup QBs....any backup QBs.

Eff you Matt Mauck.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeldon isn't half the player Gurley is.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Henry can't compare to either.

15. kidbourbon

(1)
    True story

(2)
    That's absurd, but whatever scares ya, scares ya.

16. kidbourbon

Yeah, he can.

17. kidbourbon

True story

18. kidbourbon

I have UGA as 1a, Bama as 1b. Gurley is the best back in the league, and the Chubb kid is really really good. He's got a lot of Travis Henry in him.

19. kidbourbon

Harvin is my clear #1. I think my heart skipped a beat every time that guy touched the ball. It was as if he had just been shot out of a cannon.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Humorously, I bet DJ Hall did more damage against UT than Harvin did.