Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Gonna be a big W tomorrow, fellas.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[​IMG]

Duckman likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kirby hasn’t sounded confident all week.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

How confident?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You didn't ask me, but the deeper I dive, we just match up with UGA really well. They're a more talented Kentucky. The game may look similar.

Volokie, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Thanks. I see GA with better offensive line play and obviously TEs vs UK. If we can get similar pressure on Bennett I see it.

I'm just not as skilled as some of you guys breaking down talent/schemes/match ups, so appreciate your more educated takes.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no skills, I am just looking at stats and strengths/weaknesses. Levis is also more highly thought of than Bennett by a lot.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very. This isn't last year's Georgia.

And this damn sure isn't last year's UT. It's the SEC and anything can happen. But... I've watched more games this year than the last 10 years combined. We are that head and shoulder above the rest team this year.

VOLinDAWGland, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I guess? But if you replace Kentucky’s shit OL with the best one in the conference and give them an all-American tight end, we probably couldn’t replicate what we did against them. Georgia might be similar in what they try to do, but I’m not sure we smashed Kentucky because of their scheme—we smashed Kentucky because they were bad at it.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I used to have skills and knowledge of the game and was pretty good picking games and breaking down matchups. Now I pee my pants every time Fant lines up at fullback because I recognize football again.

12. Ssmiff

I have more respect for Bennet than most. He makes quick decisions and can spin it. Can avoid pressure and buys time with his head up and 3 big TE blankets to hit.
    Smart got lucky. He was starting the unibrow kid from California until he got hurt. Bennett can sail a ball here and there and hopefully hits us in the numbers twice.

Volokie likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I put little to no stock in this. Presumed pro potential is one thing but if you asked me which one I’d rather have as a college qb it’s neither but if I had to pick one it’s Stetson.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

24 hours to go.

I think UGA is about to run into a buzzsaw that they are not prepared for. GBFO!

VolDad likes this.
  15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Stetson Bennett is a MUCH better football player than Will Levis. Levis is bigger with more tools blah blah blah. But as a football player I’ll take Bennett over him any day. I don’t think it can be overstated how not good Levis is.

A-Smith, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

But what gives me so much confidence is this:

Levis ------------------------------------------ Bennett ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Young.

I don't think UGA will be able to score 50 on us and I think we can score on them just as we have scored on everyone else this year.

17. Ssmiff

Honestly if Bennett wasn’t 5’10 and didn’t look like a body double for an Adam Sandler at qb football movie he’d get more respect.

Volokie, PilotFlyingJ and Memtownvol like this.
  18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

No question in my mind that no matter how far we go this year we aren’t facing a better QB than Bryce Young. Ohio St dude included.

19. NorrisAlan

Also, and I don't think this can be expressed enough, just like last week:

This time last year we had 3 defensive linemen.

This year we have a healthy core we rotate, and we will go after Bennett and stuff their run. UGA about to face something they haven't seen before.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stroud is great if there's no pressure. I was surprised at how bad he is when he has to move around