Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

When the NCAA Football video game series downgraded the Vols to a "5 star program" instead of a "6 star program" somewhere around 2009, It hurt. Had the video game series continued, I have no doubt we would be a "4 star program" going into this year. The reality is that perception is very much focused on the last 4 or 5 years. We haven't done shit against anyone that at all matters since 2016. I thought Pruitt beating Auburn mattered, but it clearly didn't from the perspective of today. And beating UK doesn't really matter either. They are on a treadmill.

My point being that we aren't really "reminding" people. They literally do not know who the [uck fay] we are.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Reminded them they rushed the field after a win v unranked UT led by AJ Suggs. Olympic level Johnny come latelys

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would donate to this cause.

[​IMG]

IP likes this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Same here. I started paying proper attention to football right after they were finishing up riding Herschel Walker to real relevancy. I never really even saw them as a rival. Perhaps I'm just mistaken with that opinion, or maybe it's a more one sided rivalry. With their losses to Jones coached teams, perhaps they feel a little cursed.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Lol, same. Would be a sight, an ugly one.

Although this post makes relevant asking just how much trolling you are doing Card.

IP likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just saw this on Twitter.

All I've done is post Sherman memes.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very, very sad.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My 9 year old son, who couldn't have given less of a shit about any kind of football in September, told me that he was excited for the game as he was getting ready for school this morning. Greatest words I've ever heard in my life.

Unimane, MaconVol, Volgrad98 and 5 others like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

when my youngest was 9, he turned the tv off mid game and asked me why I watched them. Told me he was picking another team and went and got his collection of tiny football helmets to choose. I reminded him recently as he’s 16 now and saw UF, Bama and Ky wins with that environment, and now he wants to go to UT.

Unimane likes this.
  10. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

Who the hell are you?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm talking about his entire HC career, he's one of the few that slowed a Heupel offense down

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

This kind of shit (Tennessee playing and winning big games) is what made me want to extend my time at UT as much as possible. There is something very nostalgic about this season. I am obsessed.

gcbvol, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The two meetings I watched, the "slowing down" was highly circumstantial. Missed passes, unfortunate turnovers, etc. LSU and Kentucky tried to do similar things and it backfired massively. If Heupel's QB is on the mark, it doesn't work.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UCF played Pitt a few times and they played against each other when Narduzzi was a DC and Heupel an OC.

Narduzzi's always had really talented defenses plus he's a top notch defensive mind

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dumbass me really thought 08 was going to be a good year, so much so I drug out school for one more semester

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Says we will get embarrassed, then calls it a 10 point loss. lol

I don't know who the people are that he referenced as saying we are at a level above Alabama right now. I don't agree with those people. But at a minimum, we've entered the conversation with Bama and Georgia. We are ranked #1 in the country, for [uck fay]'s sake.

Hard for me to imagine how a UGA fan could look at this game and think they're going to blow us out. Just doesn't seem like a defensible position.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

lmao

justingroves likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Tennessee fans know all about getting our ass beat so I assume this means Vols by 50