Global Warming

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Oct 12, 2011.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Well, now he's lost Elon. Too bad because I think he needs folks like Musk in business advisory roles. If he doesn't listen to these folks, though, it matters little.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It doesn't matter because he's not going to listen to anyone outside of his trusted 15 or 20. In this instance, even Ivanka was asking him to step it back a bit.

3. gcbvol

Yep. Bannon apparently won this round of 'battle of the advisors'.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'll still wait to see if he negotiates back in. Wouldn't be the first time he's postured on something gotten a concession somewhere else while maintaining the status quo.

5. gcbvol

This talk of reviving the coal industry is fallacious and dangerous. Coal isn't going away but will never be what it once was. Unless something happens to natural gas/fracking and coal mining automation there is simply no space for it.

6. CardinalVol

One of my former firm's biggest clients was a coal company. Even they understood this 4 years ago.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Funny considering all of the news reports a little over 1 month ago saying that he was demoted, lost his power, become a paranoid lunatic, fallen from grace, etc.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Paranoid lunatic is still correct.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I heard he had become a climate scientist. Probably took the same classes all these experts around here did.

10. gcbvol

I actually think Trump is sincere when he talks about wanting to bring coal back and help mining communities. The problem is I don't think he understands why it's not really possible. It's metric tons of well-intentioned false hope.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Think Trump will still go to Mar A Lago every weeekend when it's underwater?

12. CardinalVol

Meh, political posturing.

I get it's a tricky deal, and I have no clue what the answer is in some of these areas, but it's just not going to happen

13. gcbvol

Agreed. I just know there's a lack of research tendency with this admin. I want to believe it's more this than intentional perpetuation of a lie for political gain. But then I'm naive.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What concession does he need? The accord says each nation sets their own goals, and they aren't binding.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bad deal! Acknowledging reality. Unfair!

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. JayVols

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If only Obama had not accepted the Agreement via Executive Order but went through Congress to get something more binding.

19. JayVols

....but Obama.

I remember folks lecturing to quit blaming Bush. The hatred for Obama by you guys is cult-like.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't think that's true.