Government pisses 100 Billion dollars a year away in error

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volst53, Jan 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Boo!

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just arbitrarily said a number was too big. What's the difference?

3. g8terh8ter_eric

I said it was too big, because it is. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examined. If we think we can continue on the path we are on, and not run into a brick wall, then we are fooling ourselves.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would you cut?

5. g8terh8ter_eric

The BS pork barrel spending they throw through bills every time they run one through Congress. That would be a good start.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Tough one to answer because the government needs a massive overhaul.

The big three would be military, healthcare and entitlements.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

That's $315 for every man, woman and child in the US or $594 per tax payer... ****ing disgusting. I wouldn't mind having an extra $600 in my pocket, would you?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

0.1 as in 10%?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

try to find a govt entity that will admit there is waste. they respond to budget cuts by cutting service, not dead weight.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

holy crap

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

why in the hell are you changing the topic? We lost our minds over a fund manager who stole dramatically less.

These are the people you are asking to wade into the middle of HC insurance. $100 billion isn't a rounding error - it's a freaking disaster, but happens to be an annual event with the turds and bureaucrats who run our gov't but don't give a flying crap about the money.

I'm not ranting that there isn't room for cutting. I think changing the topic from incompetence and lack of care within our thieving government being an enormous problem to budget battles is pathetic.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
    Little boy blue and the man in the moon
    "When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when
    We'll get together then, son, you know we'll have a good time then".

Got some good IE skillz up in this thread.

13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Yes

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

every time they cut school budgets here what do they do? immediately lay off teachers. because surely we need 4 high level administrators per school making $150K a year and ipads for every student. but cut those things and then it becomes obvious that there is waste.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

$100B a year over many years adds up. Stop the problem now. The fact that isn't even a large part of the deficit makes the government look even worse.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

$100 Billion a year seems a bit sketchy to me, especially from a source like the Fiscal Times, a hard core right wing publication with a clear agenda on the topic. I'd want to see some more research done by other groups to get some consensus.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I pay a shit ton of taxes, and understand math. The fact that you believe this is just the cost of doing business is troubling. The fact is that they don't give a **** because it isn't their money.

Also I would start in cutting defense, medicare, SS, Food stamps, public housing, department of education, IRS, DEA

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You must think business week is a right wing publication too

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Sketchy? Based upon? You seen the contracting, section 8, welfare, military ... AD infinitum up close? Seen any of them manage funds? Seen any of them care when protecting budget turf for next year because nobody cares where the money comes from or where it goes?

I suspect the number is drastically higher. Throw in schools, states and quasi governmental idiocy and the number is probably in the gazillions.