Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Sep 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

really missing the spirit of the conversation IMO.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

tony romo has a nice big contract too.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

It would be pretty easy to pick him over a whole bunch of guys

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

every time any running qb has a nice game people massively overreact, we hear about how it's the future, how undefendable it is, etc and in the end a drop back qb ends up winning the super bowl. hell if hyde had a vertical leap we'd be discussing whether kaep was a choke artist this morning.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

It would take too much time to think of all the QBs I'd take him over. I wouldn't take him over PManning, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Luck, maybe a few others. But that list is much shorter.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If the two rapes of Crabtree on 3rd down in the end zone were called in the first quarter, nobody gives a shit about Hyde and his vertical leap.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think you may be right down the road, I just don't see it today.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Because Jerry Jones is an idiot.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I guess you missed the two rapes of jones on Rodgers deep balls that likely result in packers TDs if called?

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Do either of those make it first and goal from the 1?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what's his or the raven's or san Diego's or Detroit's option? not pay the contract, see the guy leave, and then pray you draft a Rodgers or Brady?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd say either of them likely tilts the game in the packers favor in a 3 point game.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So, if they call all four of those it is still a 3 point game?

Also, if we want to get into bad no calls, the hold on the play where Rodgers escaped on third down and completed it to Nelson was one of the most blatant I have ever seen that wasn't called.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Sorry, it was 4th down, and to Cobb.

So, it should have been 4th and 12 with the Niners leading by 3

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think either team was gifted anything. personally I hate PI calls anyway.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Too easy to get really cheap yards. Not sure I wouldn't prefer to see the 15 yard version from college, but then you would see 10x as many muggings downfield in the NFL.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wouldn't take Kaepernick over Rodgers, but I do really, really like him even if he's not consistent enough. At this point, the only teams that wouldn't take a straight up trade for Rodgers are the Colts, because of Luck's youth and potential, and the Saints, who would probably see Brees and Rodgers as equals. The Patriots and Broncos have the two best QBs of the generation, but probably could be persuaded to take the younger Rodgers. Flacco? No way.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd prefer the 15 yarder. I don't think it would increase PI calls at all. doesn't in college. I hate it when teams chuck it 50 yards downfield and get handed a PI call. it's absurd. there is no guarantee whatsoever that those would have been completed passes without the interference. and it's called WAY too liberally.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Guys like Kaep and Wilson are unquestionably not better than Rodgers, but who is to say how good they will be in their prime like Rodgers is now. Rodgers is 4 years younger than brees. I love brees, but you have to think playing in a dome with an offense that is built around passing has inflated his numbers. Belicheck doesn't strike me as the sentimental type and brady is very injury prone and getting up there in age. manning has a year or two left at best even if he remains healthy. no chance they wouldn't want Rodgers over a guy with that type of injury history.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

PI calls are way too slanted towards the offense but that's the NFL these days I guess. I'd much rather them let guys play. But I agree, the 15 yard penalty is way more fair