Hart, get your Moby [penis]

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by InVolNerable, Dec 1, 2012.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He was 7-6 two years and 10-2 this year. He is in the NEWS because he is a black head coach in the NCAA. I never said he's a head coach b/c he's black. Maybe he is the nicest guy in the world, maybe he's a dickhead. I don't know him. I do know I don't want him b/c he had ONE good year in the big east. Go to google and tell me 5 other coaches that are 7-6 for two years, then 10-2 and is the next greatest coach on the planet. I don't give a shit what color our next coach is, if he makes us relevent again, he can be black with white stripes.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

*tsunami. And a tsunami due to Gruden is a Grunami. Just wanted to clear that up.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, you sound racist here.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Thanks, I'm pissed about the Strong crap.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no idea why a guy that turned around a sorry team pisses you off. I can't fathom your claim that he is only held in high esteem because he is black. There are hundreds of black coaches in the NCAA. Why are they not held in high esteem too?

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

you're not pissed about the Strong crap, you're just an idiot. And evidently a slight racist. He was 7-6 his first two years at Louisville because he inherited garbage, yet he still got them to bowl games. Now he has them playing a BCS Bowl game. He did great things, not only with Florida's D, but recruiting for them as well. But hey, just keep being an ignorant racist. It suits you well.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Strong is a Damn good coach. Is he ready for a huge job? People say he's terrible with everything a HC is responsible for outside of recruiting and coaching ie he hates the dog and pony show of Louisville's equivalent to vol calls and the coach show.

That doesn't matter to me but it does to the people paying him to be the face of a multi million dollar cash cow.

UL was in dire straits when he took over and he's won a share of the big east the past two years.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Ok, now I see what the problem is, he went 7-6 two years in a row, then ONE year, ONE year, now he's the best guy for the job. How about we let him win one, maybe two years in a row b/f we crown him the big [penis] in college football. As soon as someone mentions the fact that he's black you can't see past it. My oppinion is, the media is stiring the shit about black coaches in the ncaa, and he is the best option being black. He is not qualified, in my oppinion, to be the next football coach here. Now the media is going to talk shit if he doesn't get a "big" job, b/c he's black. Now, if that doesn't explain my opinion of being in the news b/c he's black, you have your fingers in your ears and don't want to hear anything but I'm a racist because I don't like black coaches. I would just assume keep Chaney, than go after strong, golden, or fisher.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

two sides of the same coin, imo.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure you said the same about Sumlin the last time we were hiring. Going 7-6 his first year was as big of an accomplishment as what he did this year. Situation matters.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Btw, I'm married to a very dark skinned Mexican woman, and have two half Mexican half white kids.

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

If this was even remotely true, David Shaw would be the one getting all the praise, I wouldn't be the only one calling to hire Darrell Hazell, Tyrone Willingham's name would still pop up everywhere, and I'd ride a unicorn to work.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Louisville was shit when he stepped in. Yeah, he's winning in the Big East with a Big East team. I really don't get that argument at all. If we start looking at an OVC coach, it will be more reasonable.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was waiting for a "I have black friends" sort of post. Thanks for coming through. Could you explain how a very dark skinned Mexican woman is like a black man?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That settles it, you are 100% correct. We need Strong. Hell, he's been around for 3 years as a head coach. He turned around a garbage team, in a garbage conference. He's the man. What year did Miami leave for the acc?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you quote the post where anyone in this thread said we need Strong? I'll wait.

It was the mythology of him being handed any sort of reputation or accolades due to the color of his skin that so many objected to. It is patently absurd to even type.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

so Mr. Expert, who is out there that we could hire that is better? And if you blow up in your face like Snake did in other thread after he was asked this same question and say Meyer, Miles, Saban, etc, I might just push the ban button for giggles.

19. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

at least Strong has a record as a collegiate coach.

Using your criteria, neither Nick Saban nor Les Miles should have been successes since their first two seasons with 'Bama and LSU were hardly roaring successes.

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

It think there is a balance but I see your point. See Auburn's last three recruiting class rankings ... top 10 and they have fallen off a cliff.