Hercules checkmates atheists

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 27, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't. I expose them to all religions. I don't want pressure coming at them from authority figures, however.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Agree 100%.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it your position that the majority is always right? Is that what you are championing?

The Colorado/reddit jabs are fascinating to me. I don't even identify with Colorado, and if I did I would be drinking the Jesusland kool aid. This isn't San Francisco. I've lived in every corner of this country, I'd wager I am as aware of the faith demographics as much as anyone.

In terms of patently stupid comments, I invite you to visit the original pledge of allegiance sometime. Some moron referred to this country as "one republic." How absurd! Don't they know that we vote for our leaders and then... Oh, wait. That is a republic? Well, once elected, those guys can do whatev.... Oh, they can't? There's a constitution?

See, I know you are way smarter than this. The second you didn't/don't agree with the majority, you would run to the constitution as everyone always has because we don't have mob rule here.

So ya, keep playing the belittling bully. It keeps things in perspective. I had no idea Christ was such an ass.

4. NorrisAlan

Made my day. Thanks, GCB.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say Ken Ham is not nearly so dumb as many thinks he is. When concessions about how the planet we live on got to its present configuration and state completely conflict with the Bible, the game is up. When archaeology time and again, despite elaborate and expensive hoaxes (many times exposed) to MAKE archaeology fit, shows Biblical accounts to be baseless, the game is up. The lack of a single demonstrably supernatural event --EVER-- is a problem, but the harder folks try to fix it the more flimsy it all looks.

What is dumb is taking new information, and then shoehorning/assimilating it into a 3,000 year old mythology. "Uh, they weren't literally days." "Uh, genetics was different then." "Uh, the Hebrews just were really tidy and left no traces in Egypt." Yes, the ultimate conclusions are indeed certain, if one is objective.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And he was demanding my man card.....

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, appealing to the bandwagon has now, somehow, removed itself from the list of logical fallacies?

However, judging by the fact that you agree with the original linked article's assertions that people who are angry at something must, secretly, believe in the idea and your multiple invectives against IP and myself, I can only conclude that you know, deep down, we are right. So, I welcome you to Team Liberal. Your copy of Origin of the Species, official union card (in the industry of your choosing) and gift certificate to Whole Foods will be mailed immediately to your residence, free of charge.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Brother man, you can't find clothing any finer.

:hi:

We have an outlet in Leesburg.

Don't let the blonde one know that's why I go with her when she shops.

9. OrangeEmpire

Don't hate

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm definitely a fan, and now envious of your proximity to a store; I've never been to a Burberry outlet. Thinking on it, though, that might be for the best.

11. OrangeEmpire

Exactly

:eek:

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Equally as stupid as "homophobes are all secretly gay" and other things of that ilk.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Majority? This isn't 1950

14. OrangeEmpire

1950, I've also argued this was the decade that churches decided to leave their ever changing communities and started becoming inclusive social clubs.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The break down after 100k miles. Before that they are great cars. (Lots of Prius owning dbag friends)

16. NorrisAlan

Does the Prius make them smug or does the smugness make them desire the Prius?

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Despite my persona, I can be hurt. I'm not feeling much love from you guys on the Prius thing.

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

So others laws that you have to follow are different in what way? Are they not mandated for everyone to follow as well?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

later. the hot car among dbag smugness now in LA is the tesla.

20. NorrisAlan

Means I should should start saving the 100k to get a Tesla...