Hercules checkmates atheists

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 27, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I don't see any thing

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Blinded by science...

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The daughter wants a Prius, but we're praying she changes her mind, as she's already plenty smug as it is.

And what segment of society, sans dirty hippies, like Birkenstocks?

4. OrangeEmpire

I'm open to science, I'm the enemy.

Got into a discussion about the age of the earth this past weekend with the inlaws. One of the nephews was in science class and the teacher stated the earth was millions of years old.

What in the Bible changes if the Earth is 100 billion years old or 8,600 years old?

Why is time such a contention?

5. Tenacious D

Sorry, Beech.

It's only "everyone's country" when referring to the non-religious folk. You can't find that in the Constitution, but check the footnotes, I think.

6. OrangeEmpire

I guess my secret clothing sin is Burberry products.

7. Tenacious D

You've begun to believe the oft-asserted and nonsensical tripe that "religious folk", particularly Christians, are somehow and automatically anti-science.

Some would argue, and I think I would agree, that the "religious folk" should be amongst the most ardent champions of science, and proponents of its furtherest advancement.

The ultimate conclusions are, to me, certain. And science will be the single best means of arriving at it.

8. OrangeEmpire

The statement was made toward Jay in jest.

If God is ever to be proven, it will be through mathematics.

9. Tenacious D

Bless your heart.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, who cares? What does this response have to do with the assertion in the original article that the anger felt by (some) athiests is, merely, a deep down realization that they are really believers?

11. OrangeEmpire

Indeed

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I own a crew cab 4X4 with a 5.4 V8, so that kinda makes up for it. Kinda half a smug *******, perhaps?

Melungeons, apparently.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dp

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That was my only point really. Its no more his than it is mine. And flip flop the other way.
    Why should I not vote for what I believe in? Is it just because someone disagrees? If thats the case everyone should stay home on election day.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who here is arguing this? It certainly isn't IP.

Besides, I'm not sure why any non-religious person would want buy a ticket out of this country. Aside from a few instances, this country has done a pretty good job of setting itself up as non-religious, particularly in modern times.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If you're letting your children choose, why do you have to fight against them being exposed to religion?

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Majority (mob rule) has led to many atrocities, unfortunately many people think that is what we are. Our Founding Fathers created a Republic.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Voting for what you think is right is not the same as voting for your personal beliefs to be mandated to others. In the same way that a Islamic group voting for halal laws or a Jewish group voting for kosher laws regarding the FDA's regulations would be ridiculous, and against the first amendment.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have never argued that anyone should be denied this right. I believe I said "I wish" or "I want". Not "demand" or "the should not be allowed". It is a free country, and you can fight to have pink Care Bears put on the dollar bill if you wish.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I didn't realize you were on the team, OE. Awesome.