Hilary campaigning on a far left platform

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Apr 22, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was tongue in cheek.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

in simple math, $22 / hr equates to roughly $45k / year in salary.

Sadly, that won't help a single recipient because the pricing ripples through the economy. The best part would be the bigger gap between our manufacturing costs and those in the rest of the world where labor is their low expense.

Wonder if the Toyota plant in Mexico announcement even makes a dent in the thinking of an idiot like Warren. Maybe her native American blood is just too thick.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're going to want to sit down for this.

Ready?

Not everyone agrees on economics, or many other things. It isn't all black and white.

I know, I know. Take a moment.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

here are some nice quotes from ms warren:

“The GOP's made-up Social Security crisis threatens income for millions - including over 200k in MA.”

“Remember last year's government shutdown that nearly tanked our economy? That fight started with a GOP effort to hold the whole operation of the federal government hostage in order to try to force Democrats and the president to let employers deny workers access to birth control.”

“Everyone on our mother’s side — aunts, uncles, and grandparents — talked openly about their Native American ancestry.”

“There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody.”

“I created much of the intellectual foundation for [Occupy Wall Street].”

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Color me surprised.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

One thing i will say about Warren. She has more principle and convictions in her ideology than Clinton ever will whether you agree with her or not. Clinton is a hypocrite at the highest level and one of the most disingenuous human beings to run for office.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Everyone with any sense at all agrees with fiscal conservatism for the gov't. Only those buying votes don't agree.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I might give her that, but let's not pretend that Warren is anything but a lying sack of crap. Hillary is probably the most disingenuous person on earth, but that doesn't change Warren's spots.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ridiculous. you act like 80 years and hundreds of thousands of hours of research have produced no results and conclusions. the "debate" comes from people who haven't studied the science.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I generally disagree with Warren. I also don't know a thing about how Student Loans work. I thought that she seemed logical here:

[video=youtube;lhnlDpegdB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhnlDpegdB8[/video]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Everyone with any sense at all agrees with removing government from marriage. Only those conscripting religious votes don't agree.

See, I can just say provocative things too.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's really cute how you work so hard to to conflate economics with science, and economic issues with climate science. And by cute I mean stupid.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Too bad I'm not one of the enlightened ones to see all of the different shades. I guess being a fan of liberty limits my sight.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the people who's credit is so bad that they can't currently refinance student loans to reasonable levels aren't exactly the people we should be backing directly as taxpayers. she also advocated freezing tuition prices.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Circling back around to the original topic: why would Hilary run from the middle right now? There's no one else in the primary, and all the conservative candidates are very far right. What would be the point at this juncture?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, you have the monopoly on liberty. Here I am, just some dude who wants freedom and liberty for everyone regardless of capital. A real tyrant, I am.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you tell me that X amount of CO2 means X amount of global warming and I will tell you that X in tax cuts means X in gdp growth. I'm failing to see much of a difference. just because you don't understand this shit is no reason to be insulting to me.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you can't exactly decide to become moderate after the primary.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Taking from Another to give to someone else isn't liberty. Plus I love how you try to paint me as an elitist

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can demonstrate CO2 causing warming with an antacid tablet, a bottle, and a lamp. I don't think there is anything so readily observable with economics.

The issue isn't just GDP growth, though. We had good GDP growth in the 80's, but the national debt also grew considerably (relative to the time) due to tax cuts. Wealth was generated sure, but so was debt.