Hollywood's House of Cards.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Oct 30, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Danny Masterson, come on down.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If it's still illegal in the home, you are saying you do care what happens in the privacy of one's home. Just that there must be hurdles to jump before prosecuting. Thus, "What one does in their own home that does not harm another is of no importance to me." is in conflict with "I am saying it would still be illegal in the home"

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And for the love of god, "legal" is not "endorsing". Cigarettes are legal, but the government taxes the crap out of them and spends tons of money telling you not to do it.

Eating red meat is 'legal' but the government doesn't say 'eat red meat with every meal!'

Driving a car is legal, but I don't see the government chanting "drive! drive! drive!" anywhere.

Your use of logical inconsistencies while sounding rather intelligent is boggling.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why is anyone supposed to give a shit that you are telling your kids that "proper" marriage is between a man and a woman? And, who is forced to act against their free will and participate in such acts, whatever that means?

Why should you get to dictate to others how they live their life and whom they can legally marry due to your inability to talk to your kids or maybe have to make a wedding cake for some icky gay couple?

Additionally, who cares if 80%, or whatever, of Tennesseans voted against gay marriage if it is the right of those people to marry whomever adult they so choose? When did we get to vote on the rights of others?

JayVols likes this.
  5. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Good, I have always felt that the Christian baker/BB owner/photog should require clients to go through a church before engaging in any wedding based commerce. Its a loophole that is sure to enrage the left. Sign would say "We dont sell wedding services to the public." Of course they would partner with churches that disallow non-traditional weddings.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Marriage is not a right.

7. NorrisAlan

Pursuit of Happiness? Liberty?

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That seems to be in opposition to what the Supreme Court has consistently stated.

9. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Doing drugs and having sex in ones home are hurdles that the government cant clear under the 4th IMHO. Unless someone else is being harmed.

10. fl0at_

Church lost their ability to govern marriage when married people started taking tax refunds from the government. Completely remove it from government in every way, and then yea, no longer a right.

And also now nobody will actually care about marriage, because it won't prevent loved ones from doing certain things, as it did until recently.

11. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Liberty is different from licentiousness. Sandra Day O'Connor had a good article about the difference.

12. fl0at_

Doesn't matter how higher the hurdle is, if the hurdle is still present, it's still a concern. Still a conflict.

13. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I would mostly agree.

14. NorrisAlan

And even if government got out of the business, what would keep me from joining the Jedi Church and performing Jedi Marriages for a gay couple?

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

SCOTUS has said you can bugger people in your home all you want. I would agree.

16. fl0at_

If you want to completely unwind it, have little pieces of paper issued by churches, and only churches, and government doesn't care in the least whether someone has that piece of paper or not, then sure. But then you'll just fight about who can and can't be a "church." So you'll just show your bias, again.

17. fl0at_

Doesn't matter how higher the hurdle is, if the hurdle is still present, it's still a concern. Still a conflict.

18. NorrisAlan

So should adulterers be forced to wear a scarlet A?

JayVols likes this.
  19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Nothing and I wouldn't care. So yes as it stands now I would favor getting gubmint out of the marriage biz

20. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

No. I dont care about that.