Hollywood's House of Cards.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What an inane post. It is not the woman's responsibility to say no, as if men are in constant heat and can violate any boundary until given clear parameters. The idea that people's behaviors are in any way new is absurd, also. You simply lament a time now in which we don't foolishly repress behaviors that are quite normal and harmless. None of this changes the fact that the story of people like Weinstein isn't very much different from any other point in human history other than the fact that people like him now face a greater chance of repercussions and exposure than they did previously.

The rest is just silly culture war stuff that has no basis in reality or fact, but instead pines for a time and idea that never really existed in the manner you think it did in the first place.

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL

So you never made the first move? Did you have a written contract? Or did you go with the flow and leaned in? Did you ever get signals crossed and the girl wasn't ready and said no or pushed you away? I kissed my wife of 23 years on our first date and she pushed me away. LOL. Obviously she continued to see me. I mean this is normal, not new and harmless. And if she doesn't want to it is is her responsibility and right to say no and have it respected.

When I was in college I was in almost constant heat :). She would have had to been dog ugly for me to have said no. And there were a couple of times that girls came onto me and made the first move and I said no. One of those times I was drunk at a sorority party and in bed with the girl. I was not attracted to the girl and went with her as a friend. I told her I was too tired LOL. We did nothing.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any time I get near a female I get an erection and make involuntary humping motions with my hips.

justingroves and dknash like this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Damn millennials

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Stupid hetero.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Serious question.

Why do people give such a shit about what Hollywood types, be they liberal or conservative, think about anything?

I never understood why so much weight is given to a bunch of people who pretend to be characters they are not. That goes for people that love what most Hollywood types say and for people that think Hollywood is the boogeyman.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I care about Hollywood's opinion about as much as I do an athlete's opinion.

JayVols likes this.
  8. JayVols

Exactly.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think I probably care a little more about an athlete’s opinion. Not sure, though. Actors are insanely divorced from reality.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Should be wary about trusting a person that is an expert at pretending a feeling’s opinion. They are good at faking it.

Yet, most just go “ok.”

11. JayVols

Most people think they were giving their wives/girlfriends real orgasms, too.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

For the same reason people treat a genius (Einstein) as a philosopher. If any genius is a philosopher, it's Mozart:

Well, I wish you good night
    But first [hit shay] in your bed and make it burst.
    Sleep soundly, my love
    Into your mouth your [crude word for posterior of anatomy] you'll shove

We tend to over-rate famous people's opinions due to familiarity. If a famous person says something that aligns with what a person thinks... it's just elevated confirmation bias.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sums it up nicely. We think we know people because we see them all the time on TV. And this familiarity breeds trust.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

People feel better about themselves when Einstein or [famous actor] thinks the same as them.

Bubba who works the parking lot at the local Flying J? Not so much.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Because it's Matt Damon, man.

16. JayVols

Matt does good work.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I don't know what the Q stands for. i guess I'll google it.

18. kidbourbon

Libertarians?

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How old were Adam and Eve?

7 days?

NashVol11 likes this.
  20. kidbourbon

Mr. Belding. Great scene.