Homeless Lady With 15 Kids: ‘Somebody Needs To Pay For All My Children’

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by SavageOrangeJug, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Yes Jay I've had many stories like that over the years. One big thing we have going at my school is with cell phones. We have caught several students trying to make a teacher go nuts and film them so they can put it on youtube.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know what you mean. If we take a cell phone (which is against policy to have), the student will get it back from the office before the day is over. I am not fighting that losing battle. The worst thing for discipline is to have a rule but not enforce that rule. I try to live by the rule of never say you'll do something unless you are willing to follow through with it. It's a minor irritant 99% of the time, but it undermines authority on more major infractions, imo.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I had a college professor throw a guys cell phone out a window because it went off during class.

4. JayVols

That's freakin' awesome. Lol.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Our policy is first time 30 days, 2nd 90 days, 3rd the rest of the year. Their good about inforcing it too.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

After 1 gentle warning, one aggressive warning, I tell them to get the hell out of the classroom/lecture hall in the next 10 seconds or I'm calling campus police. Only had to do it once.

College is great.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Those folks sell their souls for $674 a month. I've heard stories of a SSI recipient inheriting $20,000 from a family member and instead of using it wisely going out and blowing it so that it doesn't effect their monthly supplement. That's a red flag to everyone outside of Washington that the system sucks. My Dad works for the Administration and it even makes them sick. You know these pond scum folks at are lying and worthless, but there's not a thing they can do. Pathetic.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

transammann is a racist piece of shit, doesn't matter if he was right this time or not.

9. So is Barack Obama, and he got elected to the White House.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's not racist that Obama received 96% of the black vote; it's normal. Black people always vote for the Democrats and that is by Republican design. Read up on the Southern Strategy by Nixon and how he used the issue of the Civil Rights Movement to gain political control of the south.

You don't like black people voting for Democrats? Blame Republicans. It certainly doesn't help when you state that a homeless black woman looking for a handout "must be an Obama voter" (I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I kind of doubt she's a registered voter). It would be like me stating "Why doesn't that stupid redneck from Alabama stop voting against his self-interest"? Well, probably because I called him a stupid redneck.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh no you didn'n.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

African Americans had started voting for Democrats long before Kevin Phillips or Richard Nixon came along.

13. Do you really believe that ignorant bullshit, or are you joking?

Democrats did everything they could to block civil rights legislation.The Republicans were the party of abolition and emancipation. They opposed segregation, lynching, and Jim Crow. And they were the sole authors of nearly every civil rights legislation and amendment passed in the United States.

BTW, you are aware that Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr. were both Republicans? I didn't think so.

One more thing, calling people "stupid rednecks" tells me you are a bigoted individual.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

And when did your family become Republicans, Savage?

15. Unimane

So many things wrong here, I don't know where to begin. Perhaps, it should be the part where you completely misrepresent my example as me personally saying stupid rednecks. I'll move on to your gross misunderstanding of American history, though.

You seriously don't understand the concept of the Southern Democrat and how they have been morphing into Republicans since the Civil Rights Movement? I mean, that's US History 101. The "Solid South" was Democratic, and conservative, until the parties, essentially, switched ideologies. Lincoln was a Republican because they were the liberals of the day.

I also wish you could explain to me why Democrats John F. Kennedy and Lydon Johnson were the ones to craft the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 if only Republicans were responsible for civil rights legislation. King, by the way, threw his support for Kennedy in the 1960 election.

Oh, the irony of you calling me post "ignorant bullshit".

16. When did your's become liberals?

17. You're right, it isn't just your post that is ignorant.

Do some research. Democrats fought civil rights legislation right up until it became politically expedient to pander to minority voters. Al Gore Sr. was one of those in opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and voted against it.

Martin Luther King NEVER endorsed JFK. That is more of your manufactured liberal bullshit.

Kennedy, John Fitzgerald (1917-1963)

18. JayVols

Kennedy spoke out in favor of King's Southern Christian Leadership Conference's struggle for civil rights. Nixon remained silent on the issue. The result was the overwhelming majority of black voters supported Kennedy. In one of the most closely contested elections in history, that fact gave Kennedy the win.

19. Unimane

King's father was vocal about it, but yes, King most certainly voted for Kennedy and explicitly opposed Barry Goldwater in 1964. Perhaps I should have clarified the distinctions, but the idea that King was a Republican that reflects current Republican conservatism is totally and wholly misleading propaganda. King, particularly at the end of his life, had turned his movement towards the poor and opposing the Vietnam War. He most definitely was not a conservative and most blacks started leaving the Republican Party during the presidency of FDR until the Civil Rights Era finished the shift.

And you are still clueless about analyzing history. Democrats "Pandering to minority voters"? Gaining the voting bloc of 10% of the population (that rarely even voted) while losing the entire South was not a calculated political strategy. Surely, losing an entire voting region is not brilliant politics, as Lyndon Johnson knew he was doing when he signed the laws into effect. Surely, I can agree that the liberals, Republican and Democrat were lackadaisical on civil rights once Reconstruction ended, but that was certainly in part due to the vehement opposition of Southern conservatives as well as due to the overall dominant racism of the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Southern Democrats, for [uck fay]'s sake, were the ones who opposed civil rights legislation and they are now Republicans . These are the guys who opposed the end of slavery, civil rights, banning lynching, voting rights and nearly every positive improvement within our country over the last 150 years and they are all now Republicans. You want to try and transpose the current political leanings of the parties to previous historical eras, but they don't fit. Lincoln was a liberal and would be a Democrat today, most likely, as the Republicans of the 1860s were exceedingly liberal. As far as Al Gore, he was one of the few Southern Democrats who refused to sign the Southern Manifesto and did vote for the Voting Rights Act, which is why his family was one of the few not to switch over to the Republican Party.

By the way. Democrats never sponsored civil rights legislation, right? I noticed you deftly mentioned the Civil Rights Bill without mentioning your line about Democrats never introducing legislation. By the way, who desegregated the armed forces? Must have been a conservative Republican.

I see, though, you've produced all the typical Republican talking points when faced with these facts of history, but, like most conservative propaganda, it's all bullshit manipulation. Republicans have long since abandoned the liberal philosophy of Thaddeus Stevens and Charles Sumner, so taking credit for it is pretty disingenuous, especially since that party has actively recruited the old Southern Democrats through exploitation of white anger with policies like the Southern Strategy, opposing affirmative action and lying about black "welfare queens" in Chicago.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

None of my family are liberals.

Note that I did not say "conservative," I said "republican." If your family lived in the South the last 100 or more years, I bet they were democrats. Who were, from what you said, oppressive and racist. Just connecting the dots, here. Did your family fight for old Lincoln the Republican?