Hooker well positioned for the Heisman with the Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 6, 2022.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

No

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

…. So one bad game by stroud and hooker and national media pushing Bo Nix? Lol.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why the Heisman is a joke and something that is ultimately irrelevant.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It’s almost like those losers like Wolken and Forde have a group text where they discuss whose ass they are kissing next.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    Memtownvol likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You're not far off

HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have yourself a good laugh this morning and look at Oregon’s schedule. They beat UCLA, and that’s it.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Speaking of Wolken

Attached Files:

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can live with Michigan and TCU, but the mental hoops you have to jump through for Oregon are astounding. You basically have to ignore a 46 point loss and pretend that one fringe top 10 win at home is better than a combined top 10 win at home and top 10 blowout on the road. And that’s without even looking at our OOC win over Pitt, our win over a team (Florida) who beat a top team from their conference, and our absolute thrashing of Kentucky, a team very similar to the fringe top 25 teams of their conference, like Washington and Oregon State.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm more surprised some of you didn't see this BS coming than I am at the BS.

HCKevinSteele and justingroves like this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Honestly won’t be surprised to see committee try to get a 1 loss pac 12 champ in this year since it’s their best shot.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Been mentioned before by others.

Win your games take it out of the hands of the whoreish media. We lost and now they have click ammo.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a logic to it, it being a "national" championship playoff.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Heard someone on a podcast claim Hooker is likely out of the running for the Heisman. Said BY likely out as well with Bama’s second loss.

Why? Who exactly has risen up to pass them? Stroud with his 75 yard, 0 touchdown game?

The heisman race is wide open. No one eliminated himself this weekend.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Max Duggan might get into the race if he can lead TCU to a win at Texas. He has 24 TDs to 2 INTs. Very similar stat line to Hooker

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LSU QB might get involved as well.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think Bryce is out now. Too many strikes against him:

1) he’s the reigning winner. Nobody is getting a second Heisman without being head and shoulders above all the other candidates

2) his team is out of playoff contention. This has become an unwritten requirement in the last 5 years

3) he missed 1.5 games

Tar Volon likes this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Hooker is going to put up pinball machine numbers in each of the next 3 games.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yeah, we need to try to run up style points if we can for the playoff committee. This will residually help Hooker’s case

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can get on board with the idea that he won’t win it because of the reasons you mentioned, but it’s hard for me to say that makes sense.

In that game, alone, he probably had at least 2 heisman moments, which is more than Stroud has had in 9 games. How do you fault a kid for scoring in OT and then losing when his defense gives up a TD and 2 pt conversion? Should he have gone in at safety?

I get how stuff works. Just doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Memtownvol likes this.