How bad are we underachieving?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 4, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

to a T.

2. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

On my season prediction I said 11-1 loose to Bama the first game and beat them the second. If not for our coaches I believe it was very achievable. Underachieve is not the right word. Down right shameful IMO.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Prolly should have taken coaches into consideration when making your picks. They tend to have a bit of influence.

4. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

After I thought about it couple of minutes I posted "Unless the coaches get involved." Sometimes I post from the heart. That won't happen much more as it was ripped out at the end of the Florida game. The game that gave them the confidence to overachieve. What a difference a coach can make.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

15' roster is 10 wins good.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Talent at some positions could be better, but the depth is the main issue. Hopefully, that will be fixed next year and especially the following. There's really no excuse for not making the SEC championship next season.

I don't know that I necessarily agree that it should have been this year.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What are the positions that make you worry about depth?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Offensive line, still. Linebacker. Seems like we got a metric shit ton of DBs but I dunno how good any of them are

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We have so many linebackers we moved half of them to DE. We're in the nickel about all the time anyway. Anyway, wouldn't matter if we had Al Wilson, Ray Lewis and **** Butkus, they'd find a way to get Colton Jumper snaps.

I'll buy that the OL is thin.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

These. There's a difference between depth and quality depth, and I'm also concerned about the guys we have at DB. The fact that Jumper sees the field shows we're thin at LB. OL still isn't that great. DT suffers with Tuttle injury. We have a ton of decent receivers, but idk how many are healthy.

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

If Butch wins 10 next year he'll get a 5 year extension and a raise, we all know that. But if he only wins 8 does he get fired ?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The fact that Jumper sees the field shows that we have idiots making personnel decisions. He's the worst linebacker on the roster.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If the losses are anything like this season's have been, I certainly hope so.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

At least name a road on campus after him. Maybe a stadium.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The fact that Jumper sees the field only shows that Butch is the dumbest m'fer alive.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think it can show both.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jakob Johnson wasn't very good last year, but as a true freshman that didn't know what he was doing he was still better than Jumper. I don't want to spend too much time slamming the kid, but he is the worst UT linebacker I can recall. Bynum is undoubtedly superior.

Dillon Bates was ten million times better last year. I'd be willing to bet Gavin Bryant is a hell of a lot better. Wouldn't be stunned if some of the other walkons were better.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The linebackers are thin. There is one true mike, JRM then a bunch of freshmen and Dillon Bates.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee should have won the East this year.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Could have? Sure. Should have? I just don't think I agree.

EDIT: I don't know that I think any other team should have won it over us either. Just see it as more of a toss up between us, UF, and UGA. We fell in the middle.