How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Those are probably not contradictory. Some of the most effective business leaders I've worked for were arrogant pricks.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wish we had gone Ingram/Clark instead of White/Heupel

Edit: yikes

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did he [uck fay]ing lie or not?

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

True.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

well I was thinking earlier Ingram/Kiffin. Perspective being people that get the fan base and for once give them a product they want. Too bad we can’t see the outcomes of both.

you know, steak is better than hamburger...but sometimes you just want that burger. The fans pay for everything. They send their kids to school there, buy tickets and buy gear. Fans watch tv and drive ratings. They travel to bowl games. They pay taxes. And those wealthy boosters are fans too. So why is it so crazy to suggest the people, for once, get what they want? Why is there so much ridicule for people wanting what they pay for instead of some elitist academia snobs deciding what’s best for them?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think academia snobbery enters into this at all. It's power struggle stuff, and in Kiffin's case lingering hurt feelings perhaps. Plowman wasn't doing anything based on some academia snobbery.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

My Lord - this guy was ranked 4th?

A-Smith and KyleAlexanderfan like this.
  8. TDVol1989

9. TDVol1989

no one above a janitor in a university is anything but an elitist academic snob who believes their sole purpose is to educate the ignorant masses in their own worldview. The reality is that Plowman hired an elitist and that elitist shoved his decision up your ass.

that doesn’t mean Heupel can’t win. It just means DW would never give the fans their choice because we are stupid inbred hog humping Hicks.

men with small wangs and giant prostates are the most concerned with leaking

10. VOLinDAWGland

How do you give fans their choice when there are dozens of choices fans are rooting for? Claims of arrogance aside, an AD is working with a lot more information than we have and to protect the credibility of his selection - probably not the 1st or 2nd choice - and the privacy of the other candidates, he can't share all or much of that information. "Leakers" try to fill in the gaps but most are guessing and some leaks are purely made up for the leaker's own motivation, some are coming from agents to drive their agenda, some are just bullshit from the press or social media posters for attention. We will never know how many and who exactly and how candidates were contacted and what their responses were. The 'this is a great job' crowd might be shocked at those responses. We also don't know DW's evaluation criteria. For example, he may rank Heupel ahead of Chadwell for perfectly understandable reasons that some of us might agree with if we knew. I believe DW believes he made the best decision given all the circumstances that we don't know. It could turn out to not be good enough. I'm sure he's well aware of the unique optics of hiring Heupel. I'm sure that was discussed with leadership before making the offer. We won't ever be told. I doubt DW is soooo arrogant that he would purposefully sabotage a spectacular career trajectory to show us fans who the boss is. I have to believe he made what he thought was the best choice of his real alternatives - versus all the ones we thought were real but probably weren't - that would benefit the program, the university and his career and reputation. If this works out the fans will mostly be happy including me. There will always be miserable bastards regardless.
    I'm guessing Heupel and DW will get us off rocky bottom and if we plataue at mediocre to good DW will have another hire opportunity with a lot better options.

Nannerpuss and juicemane like this.
  11. VOLinDAWGland

Looks like I'm guest posting for Tenny

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Thank you, Leo Tolstoy.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  13. VOLinDAWGland

War and Football

Savage Orange likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

I didn’t say Heupel would fail. I am more optimistic than many. The point I was making is that DW wasn’t going to come in and hire Kiffin and I would say that was the fan favorite. He was going to do it his way to put his mark on things. And the context is we will never know how an Ingram/Kiffin type pairing would fare vs White/Heupel. But for all the flak Vol fans and Twitter take it would be nice to see if we were right. And I got set off by Thamel who thinks we are in this mess because of Schiano Sunday. Give the paying fans some influence

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it was anyone's intention to hire someone who would come out and allegedly lie about whether he sent a memo about leaks. I think we all know he ordered that Code Red, some of us can understand why he ordered it. I'm just interested to see who denies the possibility that he did, simply because he denied it happened.

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, if there had been no rumors signaling Heupel ahead of his announcement, to soften the blow... Those Heupel leaks did White a favor. A [uck fay]ing favor. I had to sleep in between hearing Heupel for the first time and it being announced. If he is embarrassed because the rumors about folks turning us down were actually leaks, I don't know what to tell him. I actually think some level of unattributed leaking is necessary to keep from folks like Dr. White getting drowned in the [uck fay]ing river when Lane Kiffin doesn't walk out.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

My point is we don't know all the dynamics around Kiffin. We don't know if he was allowed to pursue Kiffin. You're screaming at the sky. A bunch of us would have liked to have Kiffin back but I doubt we speak for all fans

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

This guy is going to give Heupel a life time contract if he wins 8 games. No way does he fire his boy for being average, even if it’s year 6 or 7.

19. VOLinDAWGland

Y'all have convinced yourselves Kiffin was a done deal had Dr. DW only made the offer. You don't know that, you actually don't know anything real about the process. But go ahead, don't let get in the way of a good baseless tantrum.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Show me the memo or move on. Pretty simple. You believing a twitter guy showing no proof is more ridiculous than believing multiple people putting their names behind it who said it didnt happen, imo.