I Guess Tebow's Serious

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 9, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I can think of a lot reasons.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He won't pull his weight. It's not impossible, but I doubt he gets past AA ball.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Agreed, but he'll pull it financially.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And that's all the AA teams care about

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just saw video of him swinging. It's awful and he would struggle in rookie ball, let alone AA.

Your 15 minutes are up. Deal with it.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

As much as the guy was all about Jesus and mission work, it seems he'd go off to do God's work instead of making feeble attempts to stay relevant.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

What looked bad about it? Gary Sheffield seems to like it. Of course he could be looking to profit from this somehow as well.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Stiff. Very stiff.

Also has a bad bat wrap and arm bar. He may knock the shit out of high school pitching and batting cage velo, but anything above 92 or on the inner half and he's going back to the dugout.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's the knock on him. No fluidity at all. It's why he can't throw.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yep. And it's why bat speed looks great with a BP fastball. Anywhere else and he's pitiful.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he'd just come out of the closet maybe he could loosen up.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

got to be hard for him. I do feel some sympathy.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no doubt that anyone that has not played baseball in a competitive environment in 10+ years is going to suck at it (Suck relative to MLB players, of course).

And MLB pitching will eat him alive. Two 95mph heat followed by a 80mph changeup or a slider hitting about 6 inches in front of home plate will make him think twice about playing.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah it's very likely it will be flat out embarrassing for him. seems strange to me that a guy with his athleticism can't make it at another position in football like linebacker, te, or fb.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He doesn't want to.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think he could make a nasty TE / FB / slot multi purpose type guy. I think teams would take that and make him the emergency QB.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He's an idiot. And his agent and advisors are even dumber.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know that he's all that athletic for a skill position guy. Extremely difficult to tackle for a QB and a rocket arm, but a lot of his success stemmed from his teammates. He had some fast receivers, NFL OL blocking for him, three of the fastest RBs in college football, and an excellent TE. Just way too much for a defense to account for, leaving him with some good matchups when he decided to run.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

thats fair, but he was the guy that got all those 2 and 3 yard first downs when it mattered.

It helped that he could outrun most DEs and some MLBs at the collegiate level. In the NFL, he can't outrun any of them and they're all bigger than he is.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he'd rather bat .200 in the minors? someone needs to sit him down and explain reality.