I Guess Tebow's Serious

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 9, 2016.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He has delusional self-confidence. That's all there is to it.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's his life, and if he is not hurting for money, whatever. But if he is actually thinking he can make a career out of playing baseball, that is sad. He might prove us wrong, but I highly, highly doubt it.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I disagree. his combine stats were off the charts. the guy is just a great athlete. ran a 4.7 40 so not super fast, but there are plenty of TEs and FBs and LBers in that range.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Still not fluid. Wouldn't be an instinctive defender and 4.7 is a slow LB. that's a mediocre speed at best for any offensive skill position.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

4.7 is actually pretty fast for the TEs at the combine the past couple of years: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/27/11126480/2016-nfl-combine-results-tight-end-40-yard-dash http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/20/8078741/2015-nfl-combine-tight-ends-40-yard-dash-times

gronk ran a 4.68 as an example and only a 33 inch vert

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't see how that skill helps him at any other position, though. I don't remember him outrunning that many people. I remember him bulldozing his way through the line to get those short yards. I don't think he does that with the same frequency without Urban's athletes spreading the field so wide, but regardless I don't see how doing that makes him a great TE. Maybe FB, but those guys are a dying breed.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

FB. He can make a roster as utility guy and emergency QB.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't Tebow have a brief stint with one team where they tried shifting him to TE and special teams?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know how many of those guys are in the league. Ravens seem like a smash mouth team and a quick peek at their online roster shows only one FB. So not many opportunities for him there and he's competing against guys that have played the position, converted RBs and TEs, which both seem to be more natural fits at FB. He hasn't even really played in pro style system, so it would be a major transition for him.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not saying he can be gronk. but there are plenty of less athletic capable TEs in the NFL.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't quite understand the "he has no chance" posts from posters who clearly had no information one way or another on whether he can play.

If he can hit a baseball, he can play.

14. kidbourbon

Stop. He was ridiculously good at football. I hate the guy too, but don't go full retard.

15. kidbourbon

Yeah, his swing was garbage. How somebody convinced him otherwise is beyond me.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But he was a great QB like Turner Gill was a great QB. College QB in a dominant offense. They won with a great D and when those guys went pro, they were a 2nd place type team.

Took a very specific offense to make him a great QB, but he was gray in that one. You can't ignore that the mountains of talent around him made him great.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not in a way that helps him be good in the NFL, which is all I said. Glad you've kept the full retard thing going.

18. kidbourbon

If you're arguing that the talent around him made him better moreso than he made that offense better, you're just wrong.

19. kidbourbon

Nor did I allege as such.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. About alleging.