I Have Found the Perfect VN Post.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Sep 16, 2014.

1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I was mistaken on the Lsu thing. And I think "I was mistaken" was just used for the first time in awhile here. Instead of admitting Nick Saban didn't win big at msu, until year 5, you have argued just about everything else.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh, I admitted my error on the last page. But you know, whatev.

3. limpleg

Wrong. 9 win season 5 was winning big.

4. limpleg

That was aimed at cali boy. After reading and debating, he's never wrong. He just changes the topic and pins a stance on posters. Its really silly.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He grows on you.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Huh?

1999 10 2
    1998 6 6
    1997 7 5
    1996 6 6
    1995 6 5 1
    ENTER SABAN

1994 5 6
    1993 6 6
    1992 5 6
    1991 3 8
    1990 8 3 1
    1989 8 4
    1988 6 5 1
    1987 9 2 1
    1986 6 5
    1985 7 5
    1984 6 6
    1983 4 6 1
    1982 2 9
    1981 5 6
    1980 3 8
    1979 5 6
    1978 8 3
    1977 7 3 1
    1976 4 6 1
    1975 7 4
    1974 7 3 1
    1973 5 6
    1972 5 5 1
    1971 6 5
    1970 4 6
    1969 4 6
    1968 5 5
    1967 3 7
    1966 9 0 1
    1965 10 1

7. kidbourbon

It took me years to figure that out. Droski presents the facade of a reasonable poster and so it isn't immediately apparent that's he's pretty much the functional equivalent of a professional troll. The constant topic changing and position refuting -- without regard for self-contradiction -- without ever communicating an affirmative position of his own is really kind of impressive. He's really really really good at being a terrible poster.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize a series of numbers were a Michigan State fan. I didn't even realize they were conscious.

9. limpleg

The fact is dros asked to name a coach and it just so happens the coach named is one of the greatest ever. Lesson learned is to know an answer before you ask a question trying to make a point.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you named a coach who won big. in other words, you didn't name a coach.

11. kidbourbon

The series of numbers, in this particular case, represents data that a Michigan State fan would have been well aware of at the time of making such a statement. And it very much calls into question a conclusion that the program was either in oblivion or was rescued therefrom by Nick Saban.

And so I'm calling into question the accuracy of your characterization.

But you knew all that already.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't like my opinions. It has nothing to do with how I present them.

13. kidbourbon

Absolutely not true. I could flowchart your argumentative tendencies at this point.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My posts have no ambiguity.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I friggin love flowcharts.

Can you make a powerpoint presentation with flowcharts? If you can, I'll be over the moon, on cloud nine. I'll be like a dog with 2 tails or a flea in a doghouse.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are only three possibilities, at this juncture:

Possibility 1: the Michigan State fans I know are filthy ****ing liars. Or, as a piggy back, all Michigan State fans are filthy ****ing liars.

Possibility 2: Fans' perceptions are not always precise, and there is a spectrum of opinion on most anything in sports. From the inside, those numbers may not be telling the story.

Possibility 3: I'm a filthy ****ing liar.

Note that these possibilities are not mutually exclusive.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fence posts? Or morning newspapers you own? I'm sorry, you just aren't specific. I'm confused.

18. kidbourbon

Possibility 4: you know two Michigan State fans and they're just sorta casual fans, or they're female, or both.

19. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

Actually, the lesson I learned, is that the next time he asks some question like that, I'm gonna answer "nope, not gonna play that game with you, as you don't argue in good faith" then I will link to this thread.

20. kidbourbon

How about you step into the shoes of these MSU fans you know and argue for us about how Saban rescued the program from oblivion?