I miss Lane Kiffin.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fulmer's last 3-4 years did more harm to the program than Kiffin's departure ever did.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And, yes, tigerdroppings folks (welcome, BTW) - Dooley wasthisclose to having his shit handled when the plan landed in Knoxville, and had it not been for the Haslams (Tennessee's biggest booster) saving him, or had 1-2 coaches answered the call a little quicker, he'd be gone right now.

Please believe that.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In terms of the roster and setting the program back, there's no question. A good coach may have been able to take over after 2005 and won the SEC in 2006.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I dunno. Probably not with that DL.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Maybe not, but two more points or one more stop against Florida puts Tennessee in the SEC championship game.

6. tripper

tripper Member

Chris Low said the other day that if Fulmer would have still been here, he thought we would have made it to the SECCG. Jawdropper.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That comment probably came in the wake of the HOF announcement.

8. tripper

tripper Member

Yep.

9. wilbur

wilbur New Member

sc fan here, fairly decent discussion and surprisingly minus a ton of vitriol, and the thing is you guys are right, like if you asked any reasonable usc alum what coaches wed trade lane for, you might get 30 percent who say saban and literally thats it, and thats 70 percent against, his staff his game planning his work ethic his age huge advantages for us

id want him back also if i was tenn and if usc people were being honest this sentiment from u guys flatters us, good luck next year and btw dooleys pants are fantastic you guys need to embrace that like english golfers embrace white belts, ADDS CHARACTER and from what ive seen dooley isnt horrible, he might not be your longterm solution, and he looks short, but hes not horrible

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley is horrible

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

The pants are boss though.

12. VolFrmNashville

VolFrmNashville New Member

The best game I've been to in my 4 years as a student was the 09 UGA game. Who knows what could have happened with the NCAA, but Kiffin definitely had the team going in the right direction. The talent he was bringing in was near the top as well.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True
    White belt with the orange pants would be too

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Welcome to the board. Drop in any time.

I have to go with groves, but I have an addition. Not only is he a horrible head coach, but he also has a sense of entitlement, imo. I could actually understand Fulmer's sense of entitlement. I can understan Saban's sense of entitlement. Hell, I can understand any successful coach's sense of entitlement. At least they have proven themselves as a coach on the field at some point in their careers. Dooley has done exactly jack shit as a head coach, yet I feel he has as big of a sense of entitlement as a proven coach. Before UT fans can learn to be ok with that attitude, he needs to prove something more than his one winning season at LATech. Dooley is entitled to nothing at this point. He should be humbled by the opportunity that he has been given. The burden of proof is on him to prove his worth. Most all if not all of us here were willing to give him a chance. His coaching performance and demeanor is the reason many of us have arrived at our current positions and cost him the good faith that we gave him. He is more fortunate to have UT than UT is to have him. I'm convinced that he doesn't share that sentiment. I'm not sure he is capable of seeing the situation in that context, either.

Again, glad to have you. Hope to see you around for some good discussion.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think we would be top ten going into this season at Kiff stayed. The junior and sophomore classes would be sick.

16. JayVols

Add a pair of custom orange and white checkerboard Vans instead of the customary black and white ones, and we are reaching epic boss status.

17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I was lucky enough to be in attendance for that one as well. Probably the last really good game and win that I witnessed in person that involved a quality opponent. Come to think of it.....other than South Carolina later that year, that's probably the highest caliber team Tennessee has beaten since the 2008 season. Kind of depressing to think about the actual perspective of that.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I am thinking orange and white wing tips are more to Dooley's speed.

19. JayVols

You're probably right. The Vans are too Spicoli stonerish for Dooley. However, I like my new color scheme on the old classic.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

For you and other USC fans that may read this, I feel obligated to let you know that Tennessee fans aren't all stupid, and I do think we know quite a bit about football.

That said, I think we have two main problems that make us look bad at times:

1. We take things too personally, which can lead to some of our fans embarrassing themselves (ex: response to Kiffin leaving, Manning not winning the Heisman)
    2. We're afraid of change, which causes some of our fans to blindly support something that isn't working

I think Dooley's a moron. I hope he proves me wrong this year, but if not, I hope the fan base at least has the sense to call it like they all see it.

Stick around and post often.