I Think We Need to "Prepare" for a 10 Win Season Next Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol damn...

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, in his 10th year, Botch is finally going to figure everything out.

I can't wait.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Half of the east absolutely sucked.
    UF won the east and probably wont score and offensive td in their last 2 games.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yeah, pesky variables are to blame.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Probably fire him mid season

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I see two losses coming next year and they are both to Alabama. But even that isn't written in stone. They'll have a new QB and Henry will be gone. Tennessee will be more experienced and, for the most part, just as talented. The X factor is coaching. There will also be no damn excuse for losing to Florida unless they reel in some offensive studs in recruiting. Next season probably is the nightmare scenario for people who want Butch gone.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This is my observation as well.

8. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I feel like if Lyle couldn't win the east this year then he will never win it.

There is, of course, a chance the east will be as bad next year as this year, but I doubt it.

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He won't win it next year, and he and the fans will come up with an injury or other great excuse to justify it.

I believe next year we drop Florida at home, A&M, Alabama and a minimum of one of Mizzou/UGA/USC. Stuck in a cycle of suck.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

This and previous post are puerile, you’re better and know better than that, but points for irony

No, I said, variables unknown to us / outsiders. Further, aside from maybe random info gathered from a google search you have no idea / no way of knowing if their situations were “very comparable”, yours is but a guess or opinion based on said search or hearsay.

You once spoke of starting (considering either a restaurant or bar iirc) a business. IF this should ever come to pass you will experience variables”, only these “variables” hold your livelihood and financial future in the palm of their hand, I’m betting then you won’t be dismissive

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Agree. It will happen next year and 3 years from next year, if Lyle is still here. The Univ. of Botch fans will wring their hands as to why we lost to this or that team. They'll post spreadsheets showing close losses and other areas of improvement.

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I'm fairly certain that Dormandy transfers, Dobbs goes down in Bristol and we rely on a freshman to limp along. The company line is youth. Again.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Dude, you're making this way harder than it is.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm too broke to pay attention but I'd gladly bet my student loan that he doesn't win 10, ever.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Just looking at schedule, talent, and returning experience, ten wins should happen.

16. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Then you factor in Coaching and you realize that 8 is reality and it will get him another raise and extension.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

One year ago this sentence would have me absolutely furious, like throwing things around cussing and foaming at the mouth furious... Now that I have a better grasp of what the UTAD powers that be are trying to do, I'm completely calm.... If they want to destroy in five or ten years what took over a century to build, let them have at it. They can't erase history and as soon as they leave or die, the program will go on without them. Hopefully, their replacements will realize what a healthy, competitive Tennessee football team means to not only the university, but the entire eastern section of the state... Until those people are running the show I refuse to invest another ounce of energy into the current crew. They aren't worthy.

18. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep. Should being the operative word. Not holding my breath

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Not really. I've no issue comparing two similar records at face value, like I said that's a vanilla stat, but to include coaches (not just jones & D but whomever) then it becomes more than just a stat and to accurately assess requires a little more depth of discovery.

Anyway, no biggie, I'm good and see no need to string it out further

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I'm Honest to God thankful for the fact that the 8th exists to prove that there are like-minded folks who see the situation for what it is and not what they wish it was.... If the only UT forum around was VN, I think I'd be throwing things around, cussing and foaming at the mouth still, and I don't want to be like that.... I'd hate to know that being a Tennessee fan was literally taking years off of my lifespan...