If you could live in any state what would it be?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Jan 22, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seriously? I hope to visit there this year. I imagined that the Winters are brutal.

International would be Florence Italy for me.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hear good things about San Diego.

San Francisco would be a good choice.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I know I could never live in another country or outside of a day's drive of my family. I'm just a family guy, I can't help it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Colorado is a bit over-rated. You can get the same things with a lot less people in Utah, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, etc.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It snowed four inches in late May when I was there.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You sure know how to make a guy feel bad.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If it makes you feel better jo, I haven't lived near my family in 7 years. Most likely won't ever again. Love them, but won't be living near them. I wouldn't mind living closer, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

haha, not my intent at all, but it's who I am. Everyone's wired differently.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Living near family can be a two way street. I don't sweat it too much. But then, I grew up with a small family strewn all across the continent so I never got used to the car rides to grandma's type stuff.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd live in Colorado simply for the hunting

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If I had to leave Tennessee, i would probably live in Alabama.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

More space, more game, less rules, and less people in those other states I listed. I swear.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I can attest to this. Colorado is basically Utah or Wyoming without Denver. That being said, Denver is pretty cool and the surrounding cities (Boulder, Ft. Collins) have their charms. Estes Park is amazingly beautiful. But we've hashed this out before.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Dana Pointe CA

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Growing up in places like Idaho and Alaska, and even New Mexico, it has been odd to have the beauty and vistas with all the rules and people.

That being said, I suppose the rules in Colorado as far as hunting spaces and what-not are no more restrictive than say Tennessee, it is just that there are a lot of places out in the West that are pretty open except for the bare minimum of regulation.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

+1. Thats where I would go.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think I could convince the wife to move to New Mexico or Utah.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would like to live in a state of eternal bliss, where beer was flowing out of a third faucet, medium rare ribeye steaks and superlative sushi appear as desired sans any cholesterol, followed by pies of alternating fruits with no calories. The day then finished with unbelievable sex with exquisitely shaped insatiable young ladies who then offer a sniffer of the finest of Brandies. Then for Tuesday....................

19. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Give me Tennessee, and I'll catch the rest on the road.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Los Angeles

yes i'm being a homer, but you have the best weather in the world and pockets of many family friendly areas. It's not cheap though.