"Intelligent Design" and "Irreducible complexity"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 3, 2013.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The personna of OE?

Absolutely, the fun part is people taking the character seriously.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That actually happens?

3. OrangeEmpire

Heck yeah, I still get love letters via email.

My personal favorites are the two guys that email me when police officers get killed.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's horrible, OE.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Uh oh.

6. OrangeEmpire

It is what is it.

I am not in any way blameless and I knew what would happen when I posted an email account publically.

7. OrangeEmpire

Enough about me, let us get back to Atheist Hour with IP

:)

8. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

IP, for someone who doesn't believe, you sure seem interested in the subject.

Why is that?? Simple conversation, a deeper meaning in life, possible salvation for yourself??

Just wondering.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Maybe it won't be so bad; at least you'll know someone there.

10. OrangeEmpire

I am not in any way answering for IP, I have always viewed IPs quest as a push for personal freedom.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Find me a cheap shot from a non-religious thread that wasn't an obvious joke and I leave forever.

You have almost an autistic inability to put yourself in another's place and realize how you come across. If one sincerely believes that there is a particular purpose and meaning to all things, is it really that hard to figure out that belittling such a thing is going to come across badly? I get that you don't really have a religion and thus religious discussions are not personal for you. I've asked you about 47,000 times to realize that someone with religious beliefs is not so easily detached from the topic. You either don't care or refuse to accept that. Either way, it shows a lack of respect for for the other side. It just so happens that you understand that the other side comprises the majority of this site. Despite that, you choose to bring up this topic more than any other, and almost always devolve into somehow explaining religion away as some sort of consolation for those too dense to fully grasp the complexity of the real world. I just don't see how you expect any level of respect acting like that.

12. g8terh8ter_eric

Would having your own belief system not be a personal freedom??

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Then he has wandered very, very far from the battleground. No need for questing here.

14. OrangeEmpire

This is another area I struggle with.

So many descriptions of Heaven and Hell, do they all paint a varying picture?

15. OrangeEmpire

How are you free if you are slave to an unfounded religion?

16. g8terh8ter_eric

Christianity is slavery?? I must have missed that one in the Bible.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Obvious jokes." Right. Just after you describe me having an "autistic inability" to realize how things come across. That makes sense.

Too dense? When have I ever linked someone having religion and being stupid? I don't recall it.

18. OrangeEmpire

Again, I am not speaking for IP, but rather what I see as his viewpoint.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

As I've already stated in this thread and others, matters of faith greatly affect me through intrusions into government and the values of society.

20. OrangeEmpire

Whether you see it or not, the childish or magical comments imply it.