"Intelligent Design" and "Irreducible complexity"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jul 3, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

punctuated creationism?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did you watch the video I posted in the OP? This is exactly what it was addressing: the idea that there is anything so complex that there is no way it could have developed on its own. It just isn't true. The video even specifically mentions some of the examples and claims (like the tornado assembling a 747) that are on that page. These arguments are being made by people who do not fully understand what they are arguing WITH.

3. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Its his "Larry's" choice....

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I often don't watch videos - for good or bad. I did read most of the posts in the thread to get caught up....

I just watched the video in the OP. I agree to an extent about precursors being one explanation for complex systems. I'm not sure how far the explanations that were offered would go in explaining the complexity of a cell. I guess that was the point of my original post. What interests me the most is discussions of specific scientific findings that give an explanation for how we got here. Like theories that support the evolution of the eye, as shown in the video.

I am not as well read as you and others are on the scientific/research side of it, and I would be interested in hearing about recent findings that would serve to fill in the gaps in our knowledge.

I don't believe that creationism and evolution are mutually exclusive.