Is this the most miserable Vol board on the interwebs?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VB, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

.... Some of the things you say...

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you honestly believe there is a such thing as a player sucking ass in practice and then coming out and setting records during games?

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Where are all of these posters when we lose? Oh right, they only show up after a win to [itch bay] about our [itch bay]ing.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And yet somehow, here we are.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Sheeeeiit. If Mike Vick isn't the best college player I've ever seen; he's top 5.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Then practice is stupid.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If watching our run game look utterly idiotic and put worley in life threatening situations doeant tell the iclown that the staff blows, he isn't worth talking to.

Oh, and SCe has one of the worst defenses in the conference.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You said it man, don't **** with the Jesus.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Bunch of [itch bay]es if you ask me

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This thread seems, well, coordinated.

If you don't like it here - leave.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You have got to buck up, man. You cannot drag this negative energy in to the tournament!

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tournament?

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Lebowski quote that barely relates to this thread. I went back and forth on using it.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's true. But there have been plenty of others that have said the same. Do you know that he doesn't look horrible in practice? Because you'd be the first I've heard that from.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I get that. But I can't resolve that with all the data that says he sucks in practice.

My guess is that he looked no better than Peterman (who has always practiced pretty well and throws a nice ball in practice). Pair that with the family request to RS and Butch was going to try to do it.

I wish Dobbs had showed more on the practice field but it doesn't sound like he did. The fault on Butch is urgency. If he had any, he would have at least tried to roll him out there.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The media is allowed to watch a minute or two of practice. They are also the guys who reported multiple times that Gruden was in play. Check how many of these guys in the know mentioned Butch more than 12 hours before he was hired.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But you believe the guys who went several months without reporting anything on Marlin Lane. You believe the same group of geniuses that employ Doc, Jeff, and Heather. You believe a guy like Hubbs with a sixth grade writing ability that has admitted multiple times to not reporting info. And you believe a guy that basically staked his credibility on UT not wearing black jerseys almost exactly five years ago.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If you can't run the ball at all it doesn't matter if you fit the system either. Woeley is a great example of how wretched someone can look in a system not fit for them. Even if Dobbs couldn't hit the broad side of the barn passing, which I have serious doubts about, the dynamic of his ability to run would greatly overcome any passing downfalls he may have had.

I'm glad we won the game. Dobbs and Hurd were both full beastmode. But I still despise Jones for holding out Dobbs in favor of the crap sandwich we were served all year uuntil now. And I also can't call this a quality win with as bad as South Carolina has looked this year. If we win out I will be impressed with the effort and happy the team didn't quit.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I did. He was pretty bad in the fall before Utah State.