It's Florida week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 8, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No excuses this year. We are better than them. Anything less than a win is unacceptable.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed.

Still don't feel confident about it though.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't have a good feeling about this week.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Just made this thread title my fb title and was coming over to say the same. Gotta win. That simple.

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It's all psychological at this point. There is no reason for us to lose this game.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I've got a sick feeling that Chaney's sorry ass passive front will get obliterated by the Florida D. We looked like shit today.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Bring them on. Bray is on fire right now. We don't have to have a stellar running game to beat Florida. Just enough to keep them honest.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I am playing this one close to the vest. I have no idea what will happen. I probably will approach this is an "expect the worst so you won't be disappointed" situation. If the best happens, it's even sweeter.

Who's going down for the game?

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I feel pretty good about our chances for the first time in about a decade. That doesn't mean that a win is coming, but a win should be expected. Psychologically, I am glad that Florida beat A&M. I don't believe they can stop Patterson and Hunter at the same time. The question I have is whether or not that results in TDs or drives that stall inside the 20 and leave our fate up to the running and kicking games. For our sake, I am hoping for a few big plays on offense.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

raises hand

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'll be there

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We can't run on them.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We won't break 1ypc. We had a tired Georga State team in the third quarter today with 2nd and 1 and couldn't pick up the first with two straight runs. The first string OL was still in.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If anyone still has any question on whether or not Jim Chaney is the biggest waste of space in Knoxville, that should answer it.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Let's live in ignorant bliss one more week. Florida sucks, Muschamp is a loser and they all are front-running, jorts-wearing, johnny-come-latelies.

We are 2-0, they are coming to our house, and we have 8, 11, 84 and 56. Easy sleeping at the volfanjo house.

16. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

24-13 Vols.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm in uber VFL mode all week. Deal with it.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Cyber fist bump.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Someone buy Nancy a drink.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We are averaging in the ball park of 4.5 a carry this year so far, a far cry from the last two seasons.

I'm not saying they are going to become the 98 team, but i think they are a little better than we think. They are capable of doing what is needed next week.