Jerry Sandusky and the PSU scandal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

@McMurphyCBSPenn State's record fine will go to endowment benefiting children causes, sources told @CBSSports http://cbsprt.co/O8tNRq

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw that. I'm fine with it if that I'd the case. Well, as fine as i will be with the NCAA pulling this.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Was cynical when I saw there was a big fine coming. Agreed, as long as the NCAA doesn't fatten themselves up with it I'm all for it.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm sure the fine is for charity.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Sandusky shower abuse victim to sue Penn State

Before the trial, defense attorney Joe Amendola said he had met with a man he believed he might be Victim 2 and the man told him he had not been abused by Sandusky.

The statement from the man's attorneys said Victim 2 suffered "extensive sexual abuse over many years both before and after the 2001 incident Michael McQueary witnessed."

Sandusky shower abuse victim to sue Penn State  | ajc.com

6. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Makes you wonder how much more PSU (administration/BOT/football staff) and the 'AA knew about all this. May have been part of the reason for such a quick penalty?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have a friend on facebook going off about how the media say that Paterno never went to the police, yet that Paterno did follow up with campus police after he told Shulz about McQueary approached Paterno about what he saw in the shower. I can't find any reports of this besides the one article my friend linked when going off about it. You guys seen anything?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When all this first broke, there were a lot of reports saying Joe Pa went to his bosses (AD and school president) but I don't remember anything about campus police.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

10. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good luck to his family defending that

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Mere horseplay.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's ridiculous for his family to try and pretend that he didn't know. He freaking knew.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That guy still have a damn statue on campus? Tear that down.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also good to know how well Schiano fits in at OSU. Match made in heaven.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's already happened

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think he honestly thought that type of stuff wasn't his business.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Protecting little kids from sex predators?

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

There's a passage that talks about how Joe knew Sandusky would shower with boys and would always personally lather them up with shampoo. JoePa merely shrugged it off as horseplay. Like what the hell? Can you imagine the trauma those young boys must have experienced?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup