Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 27, 2015.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

For example, Withrow on Midday 180 said Kentucky is probably better than we thought while Arkansas is not. I've also seen several people predicting a split between the UK and Ark game as if UT is only winning one but not sure which. If that's the case, I'm going with Arkansas as the loss and UK as a win.

Florida sucks for sure but I'd still put them a notch ahead of those other teams simply based on their defense.

2. Purdue

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He'd be perfect at Purdon't.

It's a special special place. He'll take them to the top. Step by step. And they'll call recruits "shoes". And when they get a commit, they'll tweet "another step in the right direction!"

It will be magic.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They'll also be able to experience the Boilympics.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Wishful thinking.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Rail by Rail

Coal by Coal

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

More coal for the fire. Gaining steam. Bubble by bubble.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

What's this got to do with Global Warming?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Funny, I want "OV is my friend" on my forehead.

10. Tenacious D

Yes, IMO.

I don't doubt JG in anything he says, so if he says he's looking, he's looking.

But to think that anyone would pay US $3M to unload Jones is just beyond comprehension.

It'd be like someone paying us to take Cuonzo.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hmm..

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Can't imagine he's thinking about leaving UT for Purdue and a massive paycut.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just do it in crayon so they'll know it's me!

14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

So what do you do? Allow yourself to be fired (it's obvious that he will not be retained at Tennessee past 2016, right) and make $2M a year until 2021; or do you make ~$2M per year as a headcoach where you can probably get 6 wins/year and the fans love you?

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Irrelevant at this point but who are some of the coaches Gruden would consider for a staff? I know he's worked with Raheem Morris and Rich Bisaccia, two names that have come up but who were some of the guys that "had a Tennessee feel to it?"

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Just have it tattoo'd in reverse you you can read it in the mirror...

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

seems like Tee Martin, Ron Zook, and Jeremy Bates, maybe

18. Tenacious D

Darrell Hazell, Purdue's coach, makes $2M/year right now. His contract was for six (6) seasons.

This is what Purdue pays him to actually attempt to coach.

If we fire Butch today, we'll be paying him $2M/year for the next six (6) seasons (2021) NOT to coach.

Let me say that again - Jones can be fired and continue to make just as much as Purdue's head coach, and frankly, with a lot more security than Hazell now enjoys.

THAT's how shitty our contract is with Jones.

So, the next time they trot out some schlep, and some mouth-breathing product of multi-generational incest automatically wants to "give a guy a chance", hopes that "maybe he'll pan out", or otherwise claims that he will have any business being hired at Tennessee, whatsoever, you might want to re-think the merits of forced sterilization, and the illegality of the throat punch.

19. Tenacious D

Frankly, you sit in your own shit, and think about why Dave Hart and Jimmy Cheek are still employed at UT.

Jones is locked in.

Your only hope is that a group of Boosters bail you out, and that seems awfully damned unlikely, IMO. Mainly because they'd also be bailing Hart's stupid-ass out, too, and he'd be the first required to go, before any checks were written. Or, at the very least, he'd be absolutely castrated and uninvolved in the next coaching "search".

So, think about it, how do you offer a check to UTAD, with the requirement to send BOTH the head coach and UTAD packing.....when it's the UTAD who you're handing it to?

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The extension for doing nothing is the problem there.