Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 27, 2015.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

All of this is a waste of time. Butch ain't going anywhere. He can't do bad enough to get fired this year...and he can't do well enough to get another offer. And, he is going to win 7 or 8 games this year and claim improvement. I am as mad about it as any of you as I am older than most of you. So, I have fewer years to enjoy good football from the Vols. The Gruden deal was a real possibility and it got canned for Butch. Again, that blows. But, we have this stubborn peckerhead until he either gets good enough to get another offer or bad enough to cause a lot of good things to happen. In the meantime, if any of you who are "connected" can work your contacts, then do so. Until then, I will sit here in Arkansas hoping for a win this weekend because the crap I will get will make life even more unbearable than it already is.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jancek won't like it

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Moore hired Saban.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is the most painful of truths. It's like taking 1/2 round of antibiotics.

Temporarily relieves symptoms, but doesn't kill it and just makes the next bout even worse.

You're never going to truly clean house, so long as you believe (and keep selling the idea to others) that the answer is simply a new maid, and not the mounds upon mounds of your own filth.

5. Tenacious D

It is long overdue for The University of Tennessee - as a whole, and in its entirety - to get our shit together.

That starts with DiPietro, extends to Cheek and concludes with Hart, and anyone who sustains or supports them.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Susan Martin sucks, too. She might be the most anti-athletics of them all.

7. Tenacious D

The entirety of her authority and influence comes from Cheek.

She's like the monkey alien to Cheek's Jabba the Hut.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Gospel. Truth.

9. JayVols

She still sucks.

Edit: It may be more satisfying to see her power completely stripped. Insignificance after impoimportance often stings worse than dismissal.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  10. Tenacious D

This is all true, and possible, but only in a vacuum.

Cheek will never can his Hand of the King, but when he's told to get his box, he had better bring her one, too.

11. JayVols

I can hope. That's about all I got at this point.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It doesn't take more than a quick look on Facebook or VN to see there are still a lot of Butch supporters. I'm curious if he has any support or anyone really backing him among the money people or if his support is limited to Hart and idiot fans.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I saw some craziness last night about how we need to support Butch because we must believe in him because God has special things in store for UT.

It was long. It was scary.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

God must be Bear Bryant than because I haven't liked the plan so far.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Money can cure all of this. No fans in the seats and major boosters with holding funds until the right move is made can change it all. IMO

17. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

It is a well known fact that the University of Tennessee has one of the dumbest fan bases in all of organized sports. It's time we, as the true fan base, make our stand.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sad but true

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a band aid for all upsetting realities.

20. Tenacious D

Not your fatso god, heathen. The REAL God.