Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

Has it been noted that Gruden's ESPN salary is 6.5 mil?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Oh well. Guess I will just do something else on Saturdays for the next three years.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Couple times.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

That he was extended because his name kept getting floated at Michigan - when everyone knew it was Harbaugh from day one - and then turned around and hired the same SOB who kept floating it to begin with, and which Jones then used as leverage to get the extension, is damned-near criminal.

That Dave Hart failed to see that writing on the wall, is well, about what you'd expect from Dave Hart.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hart knew. He wanted the extension just as badly. Makes it appear his guy is in demand.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sad, but true. I was acting as if he reacted from incompetence, instead of self-serving insidiousness.

7. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Hanlon's razor.

8. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

There is also a corollary to Hanlon's razor that applies here:

Clark's law, which states that "any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice".

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Is there any chance that Butch will get ripped on Vol Calls tonight?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Those calls won't get through

11. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

He already effed them over for our job. Well, actually Colorado, who he then effed over for our job. I doubt he'll get another chance with them.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If you mean performance downside by risk then yes I am. The risk of facing yet another buyout and even more turnover while giving the powers that be yet another chance to get it right doesn't sit well with me. Get your house right then make the right change. This doesn't have to be a multiple-year process.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Another year of a shit coach is worse than turnover.

14. TennTradition

I'm simply exhausted of them. It's been shitty turnover after shitty turnover. I think we need to stew in the cesspool to drive the change that is needed.

I'm afraid him leaving on his own accord, which is what prompted this discussion, would let the wrong guys off the hook and allow them to repeat the same mistake.

There will have to be more pain to really get the right ears listening again.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Agree. Keeping a shitty coach is probably better than turnover + another shitty coach. I don't have confidence in Butch Jones. Trusting the current "brain trust" to replace him with a non-shitty coach is about as dumb as trusting Butch to win championships. Jmo of course

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Garrett hired Pete Carroll
    Guerrero hired jim mora

Doubt there are two dumber ads than that. Personally I'd rather take the chance of improving than given the certainty of suckatude.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hart hired a guy that pretty much everybody knew was dirty and had to fire him after 1 year with cause. That's what we're dealing with here.

18. TennTradition

It is the dysfunction that is causing this prolonged shit show. Turning over again relieves pain in short term giving the screwed up system the temporary relief it needs to survive.

This isn't getting fixed until the right people get pissed.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well Guerrero hired a guy who had never been higher than a WR coach his entire career and then hired a guy who ran two other top end programs into the ground. Oh and hired Steve Alford.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Can you imagine the train noises on 3rd down??