Jones lack of testicles

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

You would think a football coach would realize there is more to any game than the points scored, and that the points are as much a manifestation of those other things as they are an objective in themselves. The logic of "field goal" in that situation is little different than running deep passing routes every play (where have we seen that...).

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

His refusal to admit fault is what I hate most about him.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I can't make a decision tree support his hypo.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I hate the coaching more. He's a vacuum cleaner salesman. Nothing more, maybe less.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Hell, I work in analytics and would have given the ball to Hurd. Seriously, if they aren't using the correct inputs/variables for the specific situation the numbers are meaningless. Overall game analytics may present FG as higher percentage play, but in that specific situation the play has to be Hurd vs 6". Probably wasting those analytics hours.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could adopt a Chinese girl and teach her English and football in that amount of time. She'd be a superior coach to Butch, too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Low IQ: check.
    Arrogant to the point of failure: check
    Coward: check
    Habitual liar: check
    Complete phony: check

The Death of a Salesman.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. don't get it and you put the other team in a bad situation and very likely get the ball back with excellent field position.

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Well, he is really good at sucking and being pushed around.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's really good at selling sucking. I'd say it's an accurate statement.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Christ. 5 hours.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that stuff is only as good as what you feed into it. If the output is "field goal," the inputs are simply incorrect.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Great work

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

not sure the concept of probability is in his formula. I'm certain that coaching isn't anywhere to be found.

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

There is a difference between:

- Not having confidence in a member of your team but making them believe you do

- Outright telling them "you suck"

If a boss tells an employee "you suck, I have no faith in you" that boss is ensuring his employee with be actively terrible. Why would the employee give a shit.. much less believe in himself?

That is a foundation of leadership in every job I've ever had.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Droski, I think you're giving him too much credit. You see, he didn't run numbers that everyone else has access to. He has a dedicated group of individuals that will process this brickwall of information. You may not see their numbers, but he does. That probability goes up by 1% every day. Incremental improvement on a lateral plane.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this is Butch again assuming our fan base is nothing but idiots. He has done this kind of crap from the beginning of his tenure here. His "you can't see the progress, but it's there (you stupid hilljack)." This is the same crap. Toss out analytics and our nincompoops presume there was a real football reason for the decision.

Screw him. We have plenty of people looking through the ruse at the low SA coach we have.

20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

We should just hire Stephen Hawking.