POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

with your dogged investigation revealing that the dixiecrat electorate didn't morph into the modern GOP despite all history to the contrary, you may be the man who figures out who really shot JFK.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

where did you read they didn't reach out to the victim?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Specifically that she declined to be interviewed and per friends doesn't remember it. And they didn't put that little piece in the first run of the story.

Seems important, no?

[​IMG]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh, so they did reach out and she declined.

5. CardinalVol

Fair, let me correct my first statement -

When you reach out and the person doesn't want to be interviewed and reportedly doesn't remember it happening, that seems like something that should make the original article, no?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree they are worthy of being put in the original run, however I don't think those facts invalidate the story. part of the issue that seems to be being downplayed is that he was asked very broad questions about drinking and interactions with women, which were surely not honest answers, and were given under oath.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

IP so badly wanting it to be true. Why is that?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want it to be true, it just clearly seems to be. he was a douche that did douchey things at a minimum. the problem is that under oath he almost literally responded as if he was a choir boy. lying under oath used to be a bad thing.

9. CardinalVol

I'll grant he was a douche, likely a drunken douche, but being a douche doesn't mean these things are true.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Come again?

GahLee likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

okay. so if there was a thorough investigation, why haven't dozens of his former acquaintances who wish to submit testimony never been interviewed by anyone? If it isn't true, shouldn't their testimony bear that out either in message or in substance and inconsistency?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

there are multiple separate accounts of him being extremely inappropriate with women

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

why are we not talking about Gorsuch? why kavanaugh?

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Can you quantify what you mean by extremely inappropriate? I’d imagine it’s not what Ssmif was talking about.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

well, there's what the testimony before Congress was about, there's the penis in the face thing, and then there other things involving pranks and penis. all oddly specific.

16. CardinalVol

Sure. And in the end it's not going to change a thing.

I also wonder how much of this book gives equal weight to the people who said Kavenaugh didn't do any of it?

17. CardinalVol

My general guess at this is that because this was the late 80s and things were a bit different then that something like the above could have happened, but that the alleged rape did not.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

when you say alleged rape, what do you mean? I don't think Ford alleged she was raped.

19. CardinalVol

"sexually assaulted"

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

you don't think a teenager who drinks a lot and shoves his penis in someone's face is capable of laying on top of a girl in a bikini and getting fresh?

well, not bikini, whatever bathing suit.