POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. I would argue "shoves in someone's face" has probably taken on the life of a fish tale over the years, esp if it was as big of parties as they say

2. given 1, as I recall the story, I'm not buying

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You mean the woman motivated to come forward and give her vague testimony by how he could vote on Roe v Wade?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand why you latch on to that as somehow undermining. if a person doesn't respect consent and a woman's ability to make decisions regarding him, why would he not similarly not value a woman's autonomy over matters of her body? it's a direct and relevant connection. Forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy they do not want to term is on that level.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So Men who are alleged to commit sexual assault want Roe v Wade overturned. That seems like a stretch.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

men who are alleged to commit sexual assault are less likely to see the issue as a women's rights issue.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

80s parties were crazy and plenty of people felt ashamed or regret at times, men and women, the next day. Thats what drunken college 2 AM parties turns into. Guys and girls with their hands everywhere. If people wanted no part of it, they left.
    Personally i wasnt a grabber, but by nowadays standards, was raped 9 times. 2 dance team members at once. I still havent recovered mentally.

MWR and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pics*** or STFU

***-of them, not you

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[uck fay] you.

9. Tenacious D

Lots of people think that NYY is gay.

Lots of people think that Auburn is a an actual university and not just an elaborate front for people who are sexually attracted to farm animals.

Lots of people think climate change is a hoax.

Lots of people think that the moon landing was faked.

Lots of people think that racism is dead.

Lots of people think lots of shit, most of it utterly stupid, and if that has now become any suitable standard, it’s going to do real harm to a great many of your previous and future positions, IP.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say multiple people "think" he is something or did something. that wouldn't and doesn't really mean a lot.

11. Tenacious D

Oh.

12. Tenacious D

I think that we can all agree that there remains no other choice for the Democratically-controlled House than to start an immediate and full investigation into Justice Kavanaugh, and as a possible precursor to his eventual impeachment.

We’re in unanimous agreement on this point.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I will worry about it when there's an above 1% chance of Kavanaugh facing impeachment, which will be never, for various reasons.

14. Tenacious D

Fair.

Bring me your proof.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

proof is not going to come for this kind of allegation. so here we are.

16. Tenacious D

How do you wish to now proceed, in absence of proof?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

the prudent thing would have been to just call up another nominee. now we will just be talking about this for 30 or 40 years.

18. Tenacious D

Well, some may. No harm in that.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I hear you on consensual acts that were later regretted. It happens.

But let’s also not throw two people being at a party, even if drunk, and one exposing him/herself to the other in with that. Nor should we lump someone being passed out drunk and ‘having sex’ in with it. Neither of those are about consent.

I don’t know what Kavanaugh did or didn’t do. I suspect he was a sexually frustrated brosef that stepped over lines. Probably no more than a lot of college kids at the time. Doesn’t make it right if he did but I also don’t see him as satan.

I will say that its incredible how many victims there are out there. A friend of my wife gave a testimony at church yesterday about how at 19 she took a ride home from her friend’s cousin - she woke up in a shower the next morning and eventually put together she had been drugged, raped, and sold to others that night. She didn’t say a thing to anyone for 20 years until a bunch of stuff was kind of bubbling up and she had to deal with it. What frightened me was the number of women, who crying, approached her for long conversations after church. I can guess where they were coming from. It’s just horrible.

Unimane likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So he loses his ability to have that position because someone said he partied in the 80s while in college. Omg ip

GahLee and PilotFlyingJ like this.