Lebroning

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Jun 7, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i had my quads and hamstring in my rt leg start cramping simultaniously on a bus ride home from an all day football camp once. i couldn't straighten my leg to fix the hammy and i couldn't bend my knee to resolve the quads either, it was just stuck at 135 degree's locked solid and seering with pain. the trainer comes over to me and hands me 4 packets of mustard and say's "put these under your tongue." in 30 seconds my cramping stopped.

i never really researched th science of it, but i'll swear by it. lebron needs to get a bottle of french's and score a sweet endorsement deal.

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

nyy begs to differ.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Never had cramping while playing. Now shin splints are a different story. Our practice field may as well been a parking lot.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Our high school soccer coach was also a marathonist. He was brutal. The only way we could get breaks during pre season conditioning was to fake cramps. Or start vomiting.

However, I do still actually get a cramp from time to time, but they're often gone as soon as they come in.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I left my feet for a header after playing awhile, there was a good chance my calves would cramp fiercely until I learned to chug water in the morning before lunch. They would linger for hours. I could usually play through it as long as I didn't jump too much more, but I could imagine larger cramps being too much to overcome. And in the moment when these flared up, I wasn't going to be competitive.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Never had shin splints until I played intramurals on the green rug in Knoxville.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They freaking hurt.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know how it works, but those artificial surfaces kill me too.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Must be girly man legs.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I used to battle cramps in high school football. The coach told my mom about it and said he wanted me eating more bananas. I was a sophomore then. By the time I graduated, I hated bananas. I still don't really care for them.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the rug they put down oh, 2005 or 6 or so is better than the one they had when i was in college. you could run barefoot on it. the one back in 98-02 was the old school stuff, i swear, your feet would be ground off at the ankle if you tried to run on it barefoot

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The field turf came in 05 I believe and it was great

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They replaced that crap? Man, I remember kneeling down to tie my shoes and seeing blood upon standing up. That shit was brutal.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I think it's more the opposite. I went my whole life minus two months ago without a leg cramp and my calf muscles never once moistened a vagina.

Pete Sampras, on the other hand, battled shin splints for years.

[​IMG]

Sweet calves, Pistol Pete. No homo.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

people didn't hate LeBron when he was in Cleveland and was exceeding the hype by dragging a sorry franchise to the finals. His "I love me" show in his move to Miami turned him into an easy guy to hate. The fact that he's on top just makes it louder.

People have no reason whatsoever to hate Bill Gates, but they do because Steve Jobs wrongly vilified him. That bad taste doesn't ever subside when it's strong enough.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Right

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not sure how taking much less money in order to chase championships screams "I love me," but to each their own. What does that mean we should say about guys who force trades while still under contract?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I admire Bill Gates and never gave a damn about Jobs, but that's just me.

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Their business was done behind closed doors so it makes it so much more digestible to those who are so up in arms about him not wanting to be Karl Malone. I can understand how some could be turned off by the way it went down, it was a disaster but as a free agent he could go anywhere he wanted. Others have orchestrated exits that ruined franchises but they didn't have Jim Grey and ESPN broadcasting it so it isn't nearly as detestable.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

1) If you hate him because he's great, that's your prerogative. Go hate. Get that PHD.
    2) If you hate him because he did a douchey thing and are still hating him as a result of said douchey thing even though it was over three years ago and all the evidence since that time points to the conclusion that he's actually a decent, likable human being, then either lighten up a little or quit kidding yourself as the real reason is obviously reason #1 and you're a purebred hater operating under the facade of hate-for-cause.